Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i last installed my sub,i keep getting randomly shocked when i get out of my car and close my door! As soon as i touch my door to close it,a static charge is released from the car bdy through me! ouch! like the ones u get when you touch a metal handrail in your local shopping centre! i have got this 'tsh' shock a few times now,was wondering if my earth connection is wrong or something? or is it just that i have somehow been statically charged the last few times it has happened?

I have earthed my amp under the bolt of one of the seats,as most of the other people have on this site. Was wondering if this was the problem? does anyone else get this random shock when touching the car?

S

·
0 Posts
Mines earthed to the boot floor under the boot carpet and I have no problems. Not sure what up with your mate.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I had this problem in my other corsa c after I had instaled my components on the front doors, maybe the movement of the speakers was causing a buld up of static or something.
It don't half hurt sometimes don't it mate :lol:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
si,

did u drill a hole or something and screw it to the floor? :? or is there an existing screw under there? i didnt find any screws under my carpet in the boot when i took it out? :shock:

·
Registered
112 Posts
mate am in ur shoes as well....same...wired up ma sub and am gtting shocked like theres no tmorow.....i earth in boot to...made a hole..

am guessing tho it has sumthing to do with that

i need to close my door from the inside...just pull the handle and quickly make it bfore door closes lol...av had to mny shocks

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol,and it bloody hurts too! i look like a right **** when i get out my car and jump from the shock everytime i try to close my bloody door. so i now close the door by pushing the window instead of the metal door! no shock! but when i do forget and 'tsh', a bloody big spark goes through me.

I am definately gonna try grounding my amp elsewhere when my exams are ova,dunno what difference it will make tho? anyone have any suggestions or experiencing similar problems?

·
Registered
112 Posts
am gonna make a guess tht even tho u have bolted it down the paint below the bolt mite be in the way therefore not properly earthed...mines isnt as a i had a few scratches at it but i know myself thats there paint still in the way....probably my problem

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Raydon

I get shocked everytime i get out the car after a short journey, really startin to hurt now! just like you said johnny 5, i look a **** when i step out the car especially when theres some hot chicks across the road lookin at my car, i get out the car..hey ladies 8)
then i touch my door and get zapped (ARGGH YA *******) ****in hurts man!! bout takes my hand off!! what a muppet! dunno what it is, something needs to be done!! i dont have an amp or a sub, so what the hell could my problem be?

The spark is that bad u can actually see and hear it!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Ive started to use my elbow to close the door (long sleeves prevent a skin contact) only problem is, tshirt weather is on the way so needs to be sorted properly, whatever it is

·
Registered
729 Posts
As long as you're holding the door before you make contact with the ground you'll be OK. Once your foot touches the ground then you'll earth through that and you won't get another shock.

It's unlikely to be a problem with your ICE install, more like your nylon shreddies!! :lol:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Gotta agree with that MM. You could buy a static trailer and mount well under the car out of sight to ground your car, or as MM suggests, having contact with the body when you step out seems easiest.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Re: Raydon

C4RSA said:
I get shocked everytime i get out the car after a short journey, really startin to hurt now! just like you said johnny 5, i look a tw*t when i step out the car especially when theres some hot chicks across the road lookin at my car, i get out the car..hey ladies 8)
then i touch my door and get zapped (ARGGH YA b*st*rd)
****in hurts man!! bout takes my hand off!! what a muppet! dunno what it is, something needs to be done!! i dont have an amp or a sub, so what the hell could my problem be?

The spark is that bad u can actually see and hear it!
LOL :lol: - very funny when you try to imagine that!

Anyway, I get the static shock aswell, I started using my sleeves to close the door but I still feel it - its very annoying I've never used to get it with my old Ford Fiesta - weird to see this happening in a Corsa C (I've only just got the car just over a week ago). I'm scared of touching that door now!!

Closing the door by the window seems a good idea. Btw, I dont have an amp or sub or different door speakers - just a after market stereo installed and a bluetooth hands free kit. I'll try to keep my hand on the top of the door before I step out next time.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
yep that kept happening to me yesterday, everytime i blew a fuse and then got outa my car to replace it, i touched the door handles and bam, it bloomin hurts loads.. but when the fuse was back in and not blown it was fine.. wierd xxxx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts