Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the above in a C. Seen them in other cars, a sub box which is moulded to the side of the boot to save space and look standard. ANyone know where you can get one for the C?

·
Registered
322 Posts
yep.. go to www.autoacoustics.co.uk they have em for the c but they are too bloody expensive for an MDF box! Your better off making your own for a tenner!

They do mould into the side good but if your gonna spend money on good ICE then why hide it away? Better off making a full custom boot build or nothing at all!

But if you've got the cash to spend on two of those boxes then you could afford to lend me the money for my custom backbox... :wink: pleasssssssssssssssssse? :cry:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fing is i need as much boot space as i can keep. To hide things from those pikey barsteds. Think i'll just have to wait a bit and concentrate else were.

Sorry mate if i had enough spare cash not sure whether i would have got a corsa would have wanted a few months and got a new astra [out May]. Think it might be time for a cheeky test drive. he he

·
Registered
322 Posts
I say twinport you've got a star silver corsa, is your boot handle colour coded?

Did you get it as standard or from vaux after?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SilverSRi said:
I say twinport you've got a star silver corsa, is your boot handle colour coded?

Did you get it as standard or from vaux after?
Yeah, they come standard now on the face lifted C's

·
Registered
408 Posts
I made my own cutom box that fits snuggly into the left hand side of the boot. Doesnt take up too much room either and cost about £30 to do and a couple of hours work. Sounds and looks great though.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
corsalover said:
I made my own cutom box that fits snuggly into the left hand side of the boot. Doesnt take up too much room either and cost about £30 to do and a couple of hours work. Sounds and looks great though.

What did you use to make it? Just a bit of fiberglass and mdf? It fiberglass how thick did you make it coz if i do do it then i dont want it so crack under the pressure if i have sealed box.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I used 18 mm MDF - no fibreglass - just made the box around the shap of the car. Sealed all the joins with bathroom sealent from the inside - its such a good seal that when u push the cone inwards, it releases really slowly - the sign of a good box apprently. Sound very good and looks the part. Got some pics if u r interested? (but will need instructions as to how to do it!!!!) :lol:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
corsalover said:
I used 18 mm MDF - no fibreglass - just made the box around the shap of the car. Sealed all the joins with bathroom sealent from the inside - its such a good seal that when u push the cone inwards, it releases really slowly - the sign of a good box apprently. Sound very good and looks the part. Got some pics if u r interested? (but will need instructions as to how to do it!!!!) :lol:
Yes please. To post pictures you need to upload them to a website if you have one. If not e-mail them to me and i'll host 'em. but if you do have a site you need to type;

And they should show up fine.[/img]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts