Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is my first post on this so hopefully I’m doing it right. I’ve got a Corsa C 2003 1.2, done 85k. In the last week, I’ve had both front new pads, new droplinks both sides, and both cv boots. There’s knocking/clunking coming from the steering wheel when wiggling it from left to right. Sounds like it’s coming from behind the dash. Multiple mechanics have said that everything under the car seems fine to the eye. Any ideas?

-Just to add, I’m having a knocking sound when turning to the right (Can’t say if it happens both sides and or on full lock), and a creaking noise when going over bumps. Had to add these as they all could be correlated. Thank you!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
As above. Check the lower and upper bolts. These always work loose. Theres often a bit noisey when you wiggle left to right. This is normal. It often gets really noisy when the bolts are loose. Also adding a bit of grease to the spines on the intermediate shaft were it extends quietens down a bit but you will have to remove it to get the grease in as it needs extending fully to grease it. Takes 2 minutes to remove the shaft for greasing. Just 2 bolts. It's easier if you remove the lower panel by the pedals. Just gives you better access to the top bolt but it can be done without removing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts