Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Can i take them off, if so how????

thanks
The only way I know who would be if you got a new HU and didn't buy the steering wheel controls connectors. Why don't you want the buttons I prefer them.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
you can but you end up with 2 big holes in the steering wheel. imho i wouldnt bother doing it

1. disconect you batry wait 10-30 mins with it off

2. undo the airbag 2 torx screws in the back oh the wheel

3.undo the 4 torx screws that hold the controls in place

·
Registered
29 Posts
I aint got those on my corsa. To be fair id love those. Ive been driving my mums Yaris MK1 and they are fitted to that. Absolutly amazing when your idiot mates are messing with the radio while you are driving. How come you want them off?

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
you can but you end up with 2 big holes in the steering wheel. imho i wouldnt bother doing it

1. disconect you batry wait 10-30 mins with it off

2. undo the airbag 2 torx screws in the back oh the wheel

3.undo the 4 torx screws that hold the controls in place
Step 1 isn't needed mate. Rest the airbag connected up ontop of the steering cowling.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
az. if youve ever had a airbag go off in a crash your know why i said disconnect the batery (beter to safe than sorry)

thunder. all you need is the lead what comes in 2 parts and is around £25 quid. its also dependent weather you head unit has the output for it. post up the age of your car and what stereo you have.

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
az. if youve ever had a airbag go off in a crash your know why i said disconnect the batery (beter to safe than sorry)

thunder. all you need is the lead what comes in 2 parts and is around £25 quid. its also dependent weather you head unit has the output for it. post up the age of your car and what stereo you have.
It'll only go off if you bugger about with the wire. i don't need the sound of an airbag going off to make me be careful with a wire ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts