Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a standard vaux wheel at the mo without steering wheel controls- and have just bought one with controls off of ebay. is it really hard to hook them up to the car?

cheers for your help guys

·
Registered
93 Posts
personally wouldn't have bothered in getting a new steering wheel just for the controls. but hey ho its up to you...

as for changing them around, not too sure... :lol:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Hey Max, welcome aboard, as for the controls, well...

The steering wheel you currently have has a 2-way connector in the wheel for the horn, your new one has the same connector plugged into a 4-way one to allow the controls to operate as well as the horn.

Unfortunately, your car only has the two way connector coming into the wheel. Without a Haynes to guide me, I have no schematics to tell me where this connects to, or to give me an idea of how hard it would be to make up, if at all possible with the wiring harnesss in your car.

Then of course there's your HU, and will it take it as well?

If it's the leather one, then it's not too bad a buy, but if you bought it for the controls, there's a bit or work to do to get them working.

I bought mine for the leather and disconnected the extra block for the controls as I don't really want em, and couldn't use em with my HU anyway. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks!

hey kash, thanks for the warm welcome- I bought it for the leather actually- want to lose the plasticky one that came with it- I will probably follow in your footsteps and do what you did!

Thanks again!

Max :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts