Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As above really, I've got a Corsa SXi wheel in my combo but it's boring, and everybody's got them.

Does anybody know what'll fit, Corsa D/E, Adam etc....

Even aftermarket, who's got what fitted?

Thanks

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hello wu11ie, one thing to bear in mind (sorry if you knew this but some don't so, putting it out there) that if the vehicle was originally sold with a functioning airbag - and anything made this century would - its absence will result in an MOT fail unless the car is clearly intended for racing. What that last bit is interpreted to mean is in the lap of the gods (as MOT testers might think of themselves). So, aftermarket steerers are about as popular as a decat exhaust.

D wheels, including the square bottoms and VXR badges, will go on but I remember Liviu and others (I'm sure they'll give a better account than my recollection) pointed out that certain ones are easier on the airbag front than others but the built-in radio controls would be hard work - which may not bother you.

The most obvious "flashier than a standard leather C wheel" is the Irmscher one which looks about the same and works the same but has beefier ten-to-two grips, satin alloy looks and the "i" badge. I remember two came up contemporaneously on ebay a few months ago. They started at >£150, dropped and dropped but, at £60 BIN, buyers pulled the trigger. A not-so-often seen alternative is the Meriva A VXR wheel. Similar idea; beefier grips, more perfs, shiny VXR red on alloy plate. There's a Stoke seller on ebay right now listing it bundled with the VXR dash clocks and a 6-speed leathery knob for £150 but he says he will split.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that mate, I knew about the MOT, I'd just change it back anyway.

I'm not keen on the VXR stuff, well I'm not keen on a VXR badge on a combo van lol, the wheel itself looks the part though.

At least I know the D wheels fit, I'll need to start having a rummage around in the scrappies now, thanks for the help!!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
When I am on PC rather than phone, I shall link up a previous thread. Someone asked about D and Astra wheels and Liviu (I think MarkoM also) had good, experience based, advice.

I share your problem; VXR or OPC stuff might look pretty but the badge (on a 1.7 diesel) looks a bit ridiculous. Irmscher isn't such a problem, and I like the brushed metal look, but it's a lot of money asked for basically the same wheel.

Good job I didn't insult your intelligence further by saying the wheel could be changed back for MOT. HST, I would rather have a working airbag over a prettier wheel so later Vx cars make more sense (and cheaper).

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I was trying to rack my memory cells for who posted most recently about alternatives and finally remembered it was Vexorg, the Astra H wheel. Here's what he wrote:

and he's still around so you might try a PM before spending money to make sure you have the least work involved

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
It was a shame I sold the car before having time to get the buttons working. Quite easy to do with a small pic processor.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The airbag connection bit of the thread is nevertheless a handy heads-up before leaving the scrapper richer, Vexorg.

This might be a stupid question (I look stupid so other people don't have to; my main use here) but, if the HU were being updated anyway, would a Connects2 for the Corsa D or Astra H do some of the work for you or am I (likely) thinking way too simplistically about it?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Not sure on the newer HU, my plan was always to have used stock HU. You'd need to re-wire the plug anyway, do might be possible in a more complete swap. Though I suspect other issues would appear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts