Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was just wondering how hard/easy this is to fit? I know you have to cut the old one off. It's payday soon and this is next on list :D

Is it hard to cut the old one off?
Do steiney give you clear instructions?
And is it a DIY job or a professionals job to fit it?

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
729 Posts
If I could add an addition to this question...

The bit of the grill which sits on the top of the bumper, does this need to be painted or does it look OK as is??

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's up to your really isn't it, here's some piccies. I think it looks better colour coded but it doesnt HAVE to be done. Won't look so out of place against the plastic trim there. But if your colour coding your plastics it probably needs to be done too

NOT COLOUR CODED

COLOUR CODED
[/b]

S

·
0 Posts
shinobi - wait until Chewy is next online as he's got this grill on his corsa.

Mediamaniac - you don't have to paint that lower part, Chewy hasn't done it on his and still looks good. To be honest I think it looks better if you leave it un painted if your not going to colour-code all tge rest of the front bumper.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Si said:
you don't have to paint that lower part, Chewy hasn't done it on his and still looks good. To be honest I think it looks better if you leave it un painted if your not going to colour-code all tge rest of the front bumper.
Cheers, just wasn't sure about the finish on it really but that sounds good. Think I'll have one of them as well!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I agree. It matches existing trim, but needs doing if rest of car is colour coded.

I really like the look of the Steiney grill, it makes the Corsa look a lot more individual. Just don't wanna mess the bumper up putting it on.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hmm...was just about to order the grille off the steiny website but it's not a secure site! :(

Very suprised at this, guess I'll just ring them tomorrow instead.

·
Registered
690 Posts
shinobi said:
Hi,

I was just wondering how hard/easy this is to fit? I know you have to cut the old one off. It's payday soon and this is next on list :D

Is it hard to cut the old one off?
Do steiney give you clear instructions?
And is it a DIY job or a professionals job to fit it?

Cheers,
Andy
I'd like to know too as i've knackered my 'V' and plus the fact the grille looks better!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's inspiring :D

Defo getting one then. Shame Steiney website isn't secure. Shame that- just looked my self too and when entering card details no padlock appear- bit dodgy. Will have to call them

S

·
0 Posts
Thats a bit dodgy that their sites not secure!! Mind all my steiny stuff was ordered over the phone.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Steiny Website said:
Steinmetz Direct allows you to purchase Steinmetz parts for your Vauxhall-Opel tuning needs online. Using an encrypted, secure server for maximum payment protection, your order will be dispatched the same day if it is placed before 3.30pm..
Deffo not secure but they tell you it is! :?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
i actually painted mine matt black as it is real shiney plastic when you get it.as for fitting it's really easy and the instructions are excellent here is a piccy of mine

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
Chewy said:
i actually painted mine matt black as it is real shiney plastic when you get it.as for fitting it's really easy and the instructions are excellent here is a piccy of mine
Agree with Paul, the instructions are very good and dead easy to do

1 - 20 of 23 Posts