Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right guys,

have heard loads of people talking about removing there back seats to save weight etc,

what are your views on this? do you think it will save that much weight? does it make your car any faster or handle better??

im really tempted to give this a try just to see what the gains are if any. thinking about it i have x2 alpine type r's in the boot in massive alpine boxes that weigh a tonne! so im thinking if i rip them out and mt rear seats surely your going to notice some difference!?

anyone already done this??

cheers,

Scott

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
depends really if u have ppl in ur car often and if u "use" the backseats ;)
u shud do wot that euro corsa done and put ur sub into the floor if ur gonna

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
twister said it was skittish on back but yeah lighter and faster

its all passenger thing thats all?

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i wa told that it would hardly make any diffrence. did twister notice MUCH difference?

rob - i never use my back seats! got a bed for that mate, or the front seats good enough! lol

ye would miss my tunes but the sub boxes weigh so much it would defeat the object if i left them in.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
well i wa told that it would hardly make any diffrence. did twister notice MUCH difference?

rob - i never use my back seats! got a bed for that mate, or the front seats good enough! lol

ye would miss my tunes but the sub boxes weigh so much it would defeat the object if i left them in.
i havent fort about them, i shall have to try it... i was thinkin the bonnet in the rain would be good ;)

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i havent fort about them, i shall have to try it... i was thinkin the bonnet in the rain would be good ;)

ye plenty of room in the front matey! ;) i find it easier than in the back! lol

i know, maybe i should take the back seats out and the subs and just fit a mattress?? :look:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Im not sure if it would make any difference, but the rear seats are bloody heavy!!! and on that i would say that it must make some difference. I'm thinking of doing it when I get my 1.8

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im not sure if it would make any difference, but the rear seats are bloody heavy!!! and on that i would say that it must make some difference. I'm thinking of doing it when I get my 1.8
thats what im thinking bud, ive also got a bootfull of ice so if i remove the lot it must make som e difference!?

mite give it a try 2nite anyway and see what happens, i just dont want to damage anything whilst taking it out! if i dont notice anything straight away will just stick it all back in!

had 2 people in the back yesterday with aircon on and jesus it was slow! lol

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has Anyone Removed There Back Seats??? Come On Someone Must Have!!?? Lol

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I've had them out of mine

parcel shelf unclips
The lower seat padding should pull forward then have 2 lifters - push these in a little to unhook then thats out
The rear back bench comes off with a few torx bolts then bobs your uncle ;)

Ste

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
go on ste lad

air con lol my 1.4 ya could feel it too

·
Registered
351 Posts
What about removing aircon + power steering ? This would make a noticeable difference (Someone who knows more about Corsas can confirm this)

I Would suggest doing that then removing your ICE, the backseats don't weigh much and I doubt you'd notice a diff..

I gained upto 20BHP from removing aircon + P/S in my GTI6.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
re map could gain ya 20bhp tho and still have them

or cams?

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just fold them down, when you're about race, then put them up for cruising ;)

oh ye i should try that! lol something to do with the center of gravity when the seats folded down evenly distributing the weight if i recall the thread correctley!? :lol:

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What about removing aircon + power steering ? This would make a noticeable difference (Someone who knows more about Corsas can confirm this)

I Would suggest doing that then removing your ICE, the backseats don't weigh much and I doubt you'd notice a diff..

I gained upto 20BHP from removing aircon + P/S in my GTI6.
heard you can gain a few horses from removing the aircon pully but not sure about power steering. too much hassle for me tbh

·
Registered
15,780 Posts
I stripped everything out of the back of mine, trim, seats, carpet, spare wheel etc when i did my sound deadening. I took it for a drive and i definatly noticed a difference! Much nippier and more responsive. And its only a 1.2 :lol:

I say do it and see what happens. If you dont notice a difference, put it back in again ! :lol:

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've had them out of mine

parcel shelf unclips
The lower seat padding should pull forward then have 2 lifters - push these in a little to unhook then thats out
The rear back bench comes off with a few torx bolts then bobs your uncle ;)

Ste

if it doesnt take long, im just gonna give it a go anyway! lol

1 - 20 of 51 Posts