Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of changing the discs and pads on my Combo, have managed to do the drivers side however I've had to give up for the day on the passenger side as the disc stuck fast!

I've tried the following to free it:

• Put in reverse with the wheel off and disc retaining bolt then hit the brake.
  • Heat up with a heat gun (I don't have a blow torch) then bash it with a rubber mallet.
  • Tried to cut it with a hack saw but had to stop as it's gone dark. I've read that if you cut it then hit it with a cold chisel it should shatter.
Has anyone got any other suggestions, I'm thinking I might need to get hold of a grinder as the hack saw is time consumng:cry:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No replies yet :|

Well I'm off to my parents now to borrow my Dads lump hammer and angle grinder so am going to give it a wack and if that fails I'll cut it to bits!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No replies yet :|

Well I'm off to my parents now to borrow my Dads lump hammer and angle grinder so am going to give it a wack and if that fails I'll cut it to bits!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just use a regular metal flavour adjusting tool! You only use a mallet if you don't want to damage the disk, a hammer will do the job, don't be shy with it either :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it off with the sledge hammer, a few wacks and it came loose but took a good few taps to get of as it was well and truly rusted on.

A tip I read was to put some copper grease on the hub so that next time the disc needs to come off it should come free easier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts