Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

The seatbelt in the middle of the back is stuck in my Corsa.
Just wondered if anyone had any experience of taking the backseat apart or knows how I can fix it?
Basically it just doesn't pull out at all.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
i remember a guy got his stuck, it was the guy who drove his godmother home then her car got smashed up outside his house!

did he just undo a bolt on the carrier and it was done? i know vauxhall wanted some crazy amount to fix it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
do you mean when the top half of the bench aint clicked in propperly then the seat belt wont pull out, or go back in etc

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
make sure the seats clicked in propperly, unclip it using the handles at either side of the seats, pull it out, then ram it back into it position - worth a try

·
Registered
126 Posts
Undo the bolt under the bench of the bacskseat and when its got a bit of slack it should become unstuck but dnt pull the seat belt out too quick. if this dont work u may need a new one because the magnets are fooked..

Joe..

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
think he means its locked at the top

i know there was a thread about this recently cant remember what they did
cra!g i think had the thread,

anyways
have a little search

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Undo the bolt under the bench of the bacskseat and when its got a bit of slack it should become unstuck but dnt pull the seat belt out too quick. if this dont work u may need a new one because the magnets are fooked..

Joe..
Yeah I've got a little bit of slack already though, so that isn't working.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lap belt locked!

I have the same problem here with the rear lap belt. The only problem is that it locked up while I had the back seat down to haul some desks home from Ikea and now I can't put the bloody back seat back up because the belt has locked solid at it's shortest extent!

I note there's a hexagonal style bolt on the back of the seat near the top presumably where the reel is fixed. Does this control the tension on the reel? It's pretty stiff and I can't move it with a wide blade screwdriver and I don't want to ruin the bolt. If it'll do any good releasing it I'll go and buy a proper tool for the job.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Try releasing your seat forward, usually about 6 inches.

Then pull the seatbelt and put the seats back.

Happened frequently on my Dad's old Vectra SRI and always seemed to fix it. :yes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your prompt reply. The problem is the seat is already forward. All the way forward.

I just found Craigs thread describing exactly the problem I'm experiencing. I'll continue in that one. Sorry to boost this unnecessarily.

·
Registered
958 Posts
i had same problem, to fix it you need to remove that big bolt, whenre the seat belts are attached to, and then it will be free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your prompt reply. The problem is the seat is already forward. All the way forward.

I just found Craigs thread describing exactly the problem I'm experiencing. I'll continue in that one. Sorry to boost this unnecessarily.
Do you have a link to this Craigs thread? Because this was such a long time ago I can't see it around.
Anyway I have the exact same problem as you (Vauxhall Corsa 2011 Ltd Edition 1.2) just dropped a table off, then come to put the back seats back up and they wouldn't go back up.. the middle seat belt had locked at it's shortest postion.. stopping the seats from lifting back up to their normal position.
Managed with abit of effort to get the seat back up, but the middle seat belt is locked solid now (no slack at all) it's due for it's bloody MOT this Thursday too.

Do I need to take the entire back panel off to get at it? It's the middle seat belt :/

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Welcome to ccuk. To get a quicker answer, post up your problem as a new thread rather than tagging onto a dead thread from 2008. I'll have a look for Craig's thread when I get back home shortly.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

This is the other seatbelt thread that English Haze was probably referring to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lap belt locked!

I have the same problem here with the rear lap belt. The only problem is that it locked up while I had the back seat down to haul some desks home from Ikea and now I can't put the bloody back seat back up because the belt has locked solid at it's shortest extent!

I note there's a hexagonal style bolt on the back of the seat near the top presumably where the reel is fixed. Does this control the tension on the reel? It's pretty stiff and I can't move it with a wide blade screwdriver and I don't want to ruin the bolt. If it'll do any good releasing it I'll go and buy a proper tool for the job.

Any ideas?
Thanks very much!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts