Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right I ain't that clued up on ICE so just want some of your ideas/opinions.

I have currently got a 10" JL Audio sub in my corsa. Was thinking of changing this to a 12" JL sub.

Will it be worth it? Or do I stick with my 10"?

Another option will be to upgrade to having 2 subs either 10" or 12" but this would cost more.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also can anyone give me an idea of what the difference will be ported or sealed boxes?? Mine sealed at the moment.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ScottC said:
Depends on what music you listen to?
Varies quite a bit, sometimes listen to dance (DnB, Hard House) but sometime stuff like RnB/Rap.

·
Registered
417 Posts
a sealed will last longer because it is designed to have a set amont of air space and if you have it ported it will have more air in it and it wont be as tite bass.

With the type of music you listen to i would go for another 10" because a 10" willl a quick bass and the 2 subs will give you volume.
Hope this helps

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nite one ScottC & Quiksilver :thumbs:

I just dont really know much about ICE - hence questions! Cheers.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Si for the type of music as both quickersilver & scott said 2 10" is the way to go mate the bigger the sub the more space it needs and the longer it takes for the voice coil to recompress,and plus the more subs you run the better the volume and the longer each sub will last cos you not putting all the pressure on just the one sub.as for ported or sealed it once again comes down to the type of music you listen to as it has already be said i dont need to say much the sealed box would be better as it produces low tighter bass
im currently in the process of having my vibe 12" re-installed in corsa hope to get pics up soon

Hope this information help mate, you thinking about another 10" in the near future?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^ Cheers mate - yer looks like I'd be best going for another 10" sub then :thumbs:

·
Registered
379 Posts
i got a ported 12" rockford. Sounds mint when listening to rap/rnb stuff. the bass notes are nice and deep, and also very looong. this is the best option for rap /rnb music,makes the car rumble when turned up loud, all the mirrors shake! but doesnt work with all trance stuff,as all u hear is a rumble due to the beats being too fast and close together. i adapted my music all to rnb when i put my sub in,but i dont mind coz it sounds PHAT. 8) i would recommend a 12" if u want your bass nice and deep. Also a ported box will only help for rnb music,as it makes the notes even deeper and longer :wink: Stick with a sealed box if u like dance music. :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
the 10" will give you alot better pich bass note and alot quicker bass in a sealed box and 2 will give you the volumefor rap and dancce!just come and see mine at pv nearly finished my new install now :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts