Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to wire up a sub and amp to standard h/u?

if so how is it done???

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
nope

it has no pre-outs I was gonna do the same myself.

need a new h/u with pre-outs mate.

although I think some subs can be wired in with the speaker cables but they're crap.

S

·
0 Posts
Yer as shinobi said, unless you wire the sub directly into the speaker cables you cant really run it off standard hu. Much better to get a new hu, even if its a cheap ish one - will sound loads better than standars hu.

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
I had mine wired to the speakers to start with but sound a million times better now I have a decent head unit

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can you just put a sub into the speaker wires then?! :S or do u need an amp aswell? do u use the rear speaker wires?!

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
chazsxi said:
can you just put a sub into the speaker wires then?! :S or do u need an amp aswell? do u use the rear speaker wires?!
You need an amp aswell

·
Registered
43 Posts
chazsxi said:

this is for me????

if it is...my Sub have a Amp inside...and its only install in back speakers!!!

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you need to get a wiring kit to install it into the normal speaker wires or just some standard speaker wire?

·
Registered
43 Posts
chazsxi said:
do you need to get a wiring kit to install it into the normal speaker wires or just some standard speaker wire?

...hi...

just in the standard speakers...The Sub have 2 choices....RCA´s conect or direct to speakers,its the same thing...if your head unit have RCA´s output its just conect...but if it is the standard head unit you only have one choice its conect in standard speakers...
its easy...

...this is my Sub!!!

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
guessing u still have to run a power cable for the amp to the battery?

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
chazsxi said:
yes,

you will need power cable, amp subs and wiring etc

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sure it's possible having an amp. and a sub with the original h/u.

Also sure that u have to get some kind of a converter to make ur standard h/u to have the pre-out's.

So, i have the original h/u with the cd case. a Pioneer sub of 800W (200RMS), an Tornado amp. 500W (250RMS) and the back speackers from Pioneer (330W)...and it works pretty fine ! :wink:

Gotta take some pictures, someday.

·
Registered
43 Posts
chazsxi said:
...NO!!!!!!
...the Sub have the cables to connect to the standard head unit....the Power and the...well...fuc*...the black cable you know!!!

...its only necessary take out the ehad unit...connect the 2 cables "+" and "-"...
...take out the plastics ...between the door and the seat...(left side/rigth side)...
...there you connect the speaker cables to the sub cables...the "information" cables...

and its done....

...now...if you have other head unit with Pre-out´s RCA...its only connect the RCA and the Power and the "-" cable in head unit and its done!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rule 1. DONT EVER WIRE A SUB WITHOUT AN AMP. Do that and you will burn the coil in the speaker. Always use an amp that will drive the correct Ohms, RMS and Watts. If you dont you will run the chance of blowing your entire sound system inc the headunit. Believe me my mate made this stupid mistake and cost him over £300 noted replacing it all. Only a amaturer would think of doing this

1 - 18 of 18 Posts