Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so hi this is my first post, but anyway straight to the point.
When I purchased my SXI, it came with all the subwoofer wiring. So ive got my 4 gauge power cable, my two pre-outs (i think thats the right term) and ive got a tidly blue wire, which i suspect is a remote on wire?

Now for some reason better known to me, i was given maplin vouchers for my birthday. (http://www.maplins.co.uk) So i thought to myself, what could i buy there, and i found they sold headunits at reasonable prices.

So I purchased this one, http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=48964&doy=16m6#overview , becuase i liked the sound of being able to put in SD cards and USB drives, aswell as all my cd's etc. So now im wanting to purchase a sub, so i decided to first just plug in the pre outs into the back of my headunit and borrow a friends twin alpine type r's. So dunked em in, wired it up with him, and nothing happened. So we suspect that its got something to do with the amp not powering up, due to the tidly blue remote on wire, that cannot be fitted into my headunit.

Is this wire neccessary, (if its not fitted, will the amp remain on contantly?) Or is it irrelev ant?

Well normally i wouldent even be attempting this at all, but as it says in the description " 2-channel line-out for an external amplifier to increase power for your speakers or add a subwoofer"

So im just wondering can a sub be wired in, or not with this headunit?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
As I found out lately, that blue wire is vital ;)

Kev

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:( - looks like its time to replace the headunit then, oh well my dad needs a new one anyway, so atleast its going to a good home

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
:( - looks like its time to replace the headunit then, oh well my dad needs a new one anyway, so atleast its going to a good home
Surely it must have a place for your remote wire?!? Why don't you post a picture of it?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will post pics of the back later, i just have a hard time pluggin in the pre-outs cos the idiot before when he wired it up didnt leave enough slack, so every time i take the headunit out, i end up pulling the pre-out wires with it. Grrr, so later i will post some picks

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Just a consideration, but maybe re wire the car, thats what I would probally do.

Kev

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

·
Registered
15,340 Posts
im pretty sure you can wire that remote cable to a 12v source :|

pm martin, he is a mod on here, he's **** hot on ice ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts