Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting some Sxi skirts and was just wondering what i would need todo to get them to fit to an active?

i know i have to change the arches but which ones? All of them ifso what prices am i looking at or would it be cheaper to buy after market ones?

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
The arches will cost you about £40 including delivery from SEL-imperial.co.uk

The ones to change are the plastic arch trims, and you need to get the sill moulding set instead.

You'll also needthe skirts, again about £40 from anyone that's selling their old ones.

After that, you'll need a morning free in your diary, a tube of sikaflex (or similar) and a couple of pop rivets.

That's what it took me, and you can see the difference it made.

[K

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so basically i need the sxi skirts Ka$H..as they are the ones with the sill mouldings?

And where would i get the sikaflex from?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As i have the 2004 model corsa with the fogs in the bottom of the arches can i buy the pre 2004 ones i can get rid of my fogs altogether?

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
The arches are at the front, your fogs are in the bumper

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
They're not different are they?

Actually now you mention it, I remeber a post about then differing slightly, but I can't remember the details. I think it was where the bumper meets the arch is a different angle/shape.

I haven't seen any factors parts for facelift yet either.

Smacke, give someone like selectapanel in North shields a ring and see if they do them.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Sh*t, that's one mother of a bumper :eek:

Only saving grace is the front looks the same. You're defo gonna have to make a couple o phone calls Smacke

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is what i meant about them coming past the bumper

Am i not just re-placing the bit of the arch trim that is on the right of the picture below and keeping the other bit attached to the bumper ? ifso then what is the problem guys :S

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Correct, you only change the bit attached to the body, but on the facelift like yours, the length is a lot shorter than previous models, so you need to find that particular trim, and not the pre-facelift version of it.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
You can see here the difference in length between the two models:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts