Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got myself a Ultra blue corsa energy 1litre

My best quote (fully comp) is 1786.29... Cant find anything cheaper, even flux is bad... there 2256..

HELP!

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
Did you not search around before you bought it?
Have you as the main driver and then add your mum and/or dad as named driver(s)
Or get them as the main driver and you a named driver.

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
Im paying £1800 and had to do pass plus aswell to get it that cheap adding another £150...

Go with direct line as a parent down as main driver and you as a second because you build up your own no claims! Wish i knew that before i got insured at this price.
Remember with Direct Line you won't be able to modify your car in any way though!
Have to be 25 or over to mod with them :(
If you aren't modding then i would suggest you go with them as a named driver on someone else's policy. However i doubt you would be on here if you didn't plan on modding :p

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
tried quinn im getting insured on a 1.4 sri 3rd party fire n theft foe 1667

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I've just got myself a Ultra blue corsa energy 1litre

My best quote (fully comp) is 1786.29... Cant find anything cheaper, even flux is bad... there 2256..

HELP!
Know how u feel mate, im paying £1000 for mine, 3rd year of driving, no claims, no accidents, no points.
I think the energys are hated by insurance companies!

·
Registered
14,089 Posts
Mate try churchill and norwich union 2 best ive dealt with always been my cheapest insurance companies :)

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
How much fully comp though? Normally isn't too much more than TPFT...
Why not get a 1.0 or a 1.2, then when you're 18 and have a years NCB get a car with some more power, probably the most sensible option...Pissing your money away otherwise mate. I would hate to be the person at fault in an accident and know my car wasn't covered because on payed for TPFT:(.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
How much fully comp though? Normally isn't too much more than TPFT...
Why not get a 1.0 or a 1.2, then when you're 18 and have a years NCB get a car with some more power, probably the most sensible option...Pissing your money away otherwise mate. I would hate to be the person at fault in an accident and know my car wasn't covered because on payed for TPFT:(.
ill have to drive sensibly :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Fortice was the cheapest for me, 1235 fully comp on a 1.2 sxi.. I had only passed my test the month before. before them I was being quoted over 2500.. :\

1 - 20 of 65 Posts