Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
from Spain I would like to know how you are on the subject of covid, I hope that no one splashes you with familiarity but I would like to know the subject of health, in Spain we are at the point where Dalir is prohibited in the town, with curfews of 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., no power Go to town or even meet a friend or girlfriend if you live outside your locality, nor is it a 10 minute drive, and they even require a running mask or bike, how are things going? there? Hopefully better and that at least in summer we can experience the greetings from the north of Spain again.

·
Super Moderator
8,557 Posts
for the sake and help to other forum users, can you please write your threads and posts in english please.

thanks ..........

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Full lockdown in the UK, you have to wear a mask when indoors in public spaces, essential travel only, to get food, doctors / medical appointments, work if you can not work from home. No meeting anyone from outside your house unless they live local to you or are a part of a support / care bubble. then it is just 1 to 1. you can only travel locally to exercise out doors. Local is classed as within walking distance or cycling. All pubs / bars are shut. non essential shops are closed. Most schools are closed unless the students can not be left at home due to parents working. Most hotels closed only a handful open for essential workers who have to stay away from home in order to work. Boarder restrictions on travel to the UK and I think enforced quarantine at point of entry for 2 weeks now? This is a basic outline.
Sadly many do not follow the rules at all.
A lot of hospitals are closed to emergency departments due to being over full with covid and short staffed.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
[QUOTE = "andy-v, publicación: 9271933, miembro: 54136"]
Por el bien y para ayudar a otros usuarios del foro, ¿pueden escribir sus hilos y publicaciones en inglés?

Gracias ..........
[/ CITAR]
I saw that it was in Spanish, sorry, I have already corrected it, I hope you do not make many mistakes the tractor I use thanks big boss!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Sadly many do not follow the rules at all.
This is literally the worst part of it. When lockdown happened last March the streets were eerie quiet, people were (rightfully) scared, that lasted about 3 weeks and people were moaning about not having their freedom, streets were back to normal, clearly people didn't care about catching/spreading it, the whole "it won't happen to me" mentality. The current lockdown is supposed to be as strict as the first one so the streets should be like ghost-towns all over again but they're not.

Non-essential back street businesses are still open, when the schools were open there was ZERO social distancing in the playgrounds (my job takes me past two schools, I don't spy on kids!!)

Way too many people consider themselves to be essential/key workers when they're not (I genuinely am), and supermarkets need to bring back the queue system, they're still just too crowded.

How the hell after almost a year are so many people still catching covid? ONLY essential workers would have a genuine reason to potentially catch it, and that would mostly be down to poor sanitation measures.

In my very controversial opinion, hospitals should refuse covid admissions for people who genuinely shouldn't have caught it, those people that didn't care or made no effort to protect themselves and their loved ones actually deserve to get it (like I said, controversial I know). That way it would not only ease the pressure on the NHS but if people realised their was no help for their stupidity, maybe they'd actually make more effort to stop the spread.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
It comes down to poor or miss guided education. The situation will only get worse if as a whole we keep disrespecting the rules. They are lets face it simple one to protect us all.
The laws on all of life world wide have become so watered down to try and please everyone we have lost a grip on what really matters and have become far to self focused and greedy.
Maybe in the long run this virus will help bring the world together and back to it's senses?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I am in the interesting position of having experience from both Jewel's (Andalucia instead of his Galicia) and DR's viewpoint - although I have not returned to Spain since I left in May (much as I would like to).

I think individuals in both countries are quite similar. In January and February, most Spanish friends (certainly, males) thought the building concern was overblown and silly. As some of you know, I'm a nerdy boring scientist and I was going from interested to (by mid-February) quite a bad foreboding that this was going to be serious and worldwide. By ~20th Feb, the school where I have Spanish lessons was telling us to avoid touch contact and spread out in class as much as possible. I told our teacher that I expected the school to shut by next week and (I wish I had listened to my own advice) to buy shares in Netflix.

The big difference between Spain and UK is that, once something becomes law, it doesn't matter if you don't like it - people stick to it. For one thing, they have a much higher visible police presence and cars get pulled over and questions asked. Big supermarkets like Carrefour had their non-essential sections (electricals, video games etc) cordoned off - food and household only (mobile phones and SIMs were essential, too). I was sceptical about masks other than proper N95/FFP2 types, but home-made ones and gloves became widespread long before mandates and I followed suit (and the evidence that "mas que nada" even a rubbishy mask is some help). I'm big on distance (still am) and shopped at ~5pm which is a dead time there.

I was temp-checked before leaving Spanish territory but from Heathrow on - not even a leaflet. Still, May (as DR says) might not have been as serious as Spain (I went into a local UK pharmacist wearing my mask and gloves and the assistant told me to get out - like I must be diseased) but there was some effort. Hardly any cars and yes, the outside queues (here, I shop >8pm). But, whereas Spain and UK relaxed in the summer, I knew Spain could reapply the brakes and people would mostly comply but I knew people in the UK wouldn't, and they don't. Spain is now tougher than when I left. Used to be don't leave the province (Malaga) but now it's don't leave the municipality (Torremolinos or Benalmadena). I live smack-bang on the border and my friends there tell me it's not a good idea to cross it for the supermercado 300m away, but turn left and go 1.5kms to the nearest one that's in my municipality.

Here, I could (but don't) do a 100 mile round trip to pick up some bargain on ebay and there is virtually nil chance of anyone doing a thing about it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From the news we saw from Spain, do not believe any, with the government we have we cannot even go out to the street safely, without looking at the Canary Islands, people suffering robberies, attempted rapes of girls, older people without wanting to go out on the street ... the government is giving free rein to immigration by putting them in hotels closed to the people, mind you, I have nothing against people from outside, but that's what people from the Canary Islands say. This morning the Spanish press dawns that Spain is plagued by English covid, saying that we have 350 cases throughout the country of the English strain and that it is invading us, every day they release a new nonsense to scare the population I'm sorry and I don't want to be one of those deniers, but if we look at statistics at least in Spain, we see that the virus of those who have it live 95% of those infected, and of the people I know who caught it, they had a fever for two days And the one that more a week with fatigue, I know of people of 33 years and 70 Around here, many people will reject the vaccine, in addition to the illogical norms that they impose on us, such as not being able to leave town? If there are towns that are 5 minutes by car ... I don't know what idea you have of Spain, I hope you have the same idea as some Spaniards about you, but that Spain is sinking like the Titanic is nothing new, and some of them applaud proud . greetings from Galicia, Vigo

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry for writing everything in a row and without paragraphs, the translator does not put them as I write them

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Yes, most people who get Covid-19 survive it and have nothing more than a horrible 'flu experience; especially at your age. The problem is that a 1-2% fatality rate (about 10x more lethal than 'flu in any age range) with such an easily transmissible virus turns into a big number of deaths. In the absence of effective vaccinations or really good antiviral treatments, non-pharmaceutical measures (reducing human contact, coverings and washing) are all we have. I was (happily) surprised how long the inevitable "improved" (the opposite, from our point of view) mutations took to become prominent. More easily transmitted variants will be more successful and begin to dominate - like grey squirrels out-compete red squirrels; that's nature. The trick is to shut it down before it gets the chance to be more effective.

The good news is that a more lethal virus - like SARS1 - tends to quickly and obviously make infected people look like something you run away from fast, so the virus dies out (along with the infected people) more quickly.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In Spain we have another problem, which begins to leave the second covid, it is the government, the Spanish communities put their own rules of curfews, hotels, bars, whether or not you can leave your area ... over in Galicia the President? from Galicia? mayor? wants to make the vscuna mandatory, and if you don't put a fine of € 600,000 but is studying it to make the fine legal, at the moment they say that in Spain it is your choice if you put it on or not, but they talk about if you don't put it, not let you work to "force you" personally, the covid ed one more flu, the problem is that it saturates your lungs and depending on the incidence and age you are like that it affects you, in Spain do not believe the covid news because they use the PCR data as they please to impose dictatorship, in my view, Spain plays with that to impose it, if it does 1000 PCR a day and they give 500, then we are very bad citizens for getting together and going out, however, they do 300 and give 100 positives, So we are good because the positives drop and the norms relax us, the question is, what else does the positive give if the person has no symptoms? Spain does not realize that more people die each year from tobacco or car traffic than the virus, and thus we are in a low quality of life due to so much bad information as an informative from here in the 1990s said "This is how things are, and this is how we have told them"

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
guys, how are you going around your area? Here Spain is attacking you saying that we are on a red alert for "the British strain" and that you are guilty of Spain being like this, unfortunately there are people who believe all the lies of the Spanish government Spain, who has seen you 20 years ago and who sees you now

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Variants develop all the time. Most are not beneficial to the virus, but those that are (such as the one identified by the UK, which is more easily transmitted person to person) become more established or even become the more dominant strain. Although the UK management of the disease has had many failings, genome sequencing is one of the better aspects (the USA, for example, does very little) so there may be other variants elesewhere. I was actually surprised how little SARS2 had mutated - the European version which is more serious than the very first seen in China is more or less unchanged as it has spread around to the USA and elsewhere.

Unless a country has very strict controls on people entering (like New Zealand), then saying "watch out for people coming from this particular country" is almost a waste of time. I just read an hour ago that someone arrived at Heathrow from South Africa (via Qatar) who was not stopped or questioned even for a second - to her surprise. The Brazil and South Africa strains are genetically nearly identical (and less likely to respond positively to vaccination), so there is a "red list" of countries where nationals are supposed to be refused entry, and returning UK citizens must quarantine in a designated hotel (at their own expense) before travelling normally in society. They are South American, Central and Southern African countries but, if passengers change planes somewhere else, this is not recognised by the system. Some people travel like this deliberately, some because it was the only suitable flight, but either way they invariably pass through unchecked (although the UK government pretends this is "a rare occurrence" whenever someone tells their story to the press).

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know how the data is in other countries, Spanish TV only gives the virus 24/7 in Spain, which I do think is a disaster because they say that according to regions we have 250 people per 100,000 but if it's only 250 ... And we cannot leave our town, shops closed for a few hours, bars that close, and the same hotels ... is it really worth destroying everything for 250 cases? that more people die of trafficking or tobacco ... above the mental problems that it is causing the population, hatred towards others, disgust, people who see you on the street and separate from you as if you were a murderer, respect is no longer had ... are you the same? do you really think it is worth destroying everything for this? Anyway, I am beginning to rave but because I cannot leave my area, I have been since December without having a friend in front of me or being able to meet anyone, on top of that the Galician government had planned to give us freedom next week and has just communicated that it will not be done greetings from what little sanity we have left in the south

·
Super Moderator
8,557 Posts
very much the same here in the uk, but then again people over here do take the piss out of it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
here people do not get mad captain, they abide like rabbits, but nothing that opens bars there they go like a boat on the titanic, knowing that it will be bad later but tomorrow they do not care, so at this tug of war we will never end, over in Madrid decide to do something different from the rest of the country, such as relaxing the curfew and opening bars, it works for them and it does not suffer spikes and they criticize it curfew, in my life I thought of living something like that

·
Super Moderator
8,557 Posts
as far as i am aware all pubs/bars/hotels are closed over here in the uk, in my opinion the traveling abroad ban should of been brought in a lot sooner.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Of course, just like the whole country is closed and it is the army that comes to give food and necessities, and prohibits going out to the street, to liquidate it in a couple of months, but this is how we are, Spain for example tells you that the flights from Brazil or so they are forbidden to come, but it allows stopovers, sorry? It's a guy I'm not going to shoot myself darling but leave me the gun that I blindfold so if I don't see it it's not my fault What happens is that it does not matter what happens, so they control the population, the private ends and you have no rights or freedoms

·
Super Moderator
8,557 Posts
really ......... you cant go out food shopping, the army bring the food to you, a lot of over kill that i think, things are not that bad in the uk after all then (y)

what about exercise, are you locked up doing that too.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
in exercise? It is not that I touched the bike a lot but I used to meet a friend to take a ride, now in Spain they force the mask to take the bike or go for a run, the truth is that I don't even know if it has air in the wheels, I wear a "muzzle" as we call it some step to catch it

What I do not understand is the curfew, because in some areas of Spain it is at 8 in the afternoon, what I understand if I go shopping at 4 o'clock you cannot go to 8 o'clock, nor your neighbor to 10, nor the one across the street at 5 in the morning to a local 24hrs Then it will happen that we will all see each other around 6 eb the purchase for the exit to work, as long as, all together in the same store or workshop, or clothing store, I also do not understand how Spain does, that each community sets its rules, this It is a country, and the regulations are the same for everyone In the end it does not show how arrogant, scoundrels, and if it does not splash me to ban whatever they want, at least in Spain, the Covidian church is real.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts