Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Most of the municipalities in Malaga province are riesgo extremo (>250/100k) and my own municipality (if I were still there) is ~700/100k. To put this in context, most of the UK is now <200/100k but where I currently live (NW England) is 300/100k and the worst affected area is 500/100k.

Even in the province, the rules vary. Malaga itself and much of Guadalhorce is cierre completo (which should only apply to >1000/100k) while nearby municipalities like mine are cierre perimetral - meaning bars and other non-essential commerce, as well as essential shops, can open until 18:00. There is a curfew 22:00-06:00

Here, as andy-v said, bars, cafes, restaurants are completely closed but takeaway food can be ordered. On the plus side, supermarkets are not restricted (my nearest one is 07:00-23:00) and there are no curfews. Although unnecessary travel is supposed to be not allowed, it is barely enforced.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
what I would pay for not having a curfew, kid, I used to go to a sea area at 2 or 3 in the morning to an area overlooking the coast of Portugal, in complete silence, in an urbanization park that only the river is heard ... my god stop stealing my life ... Let's see, I understand that if things get out of hand, LOGICAL measures should be taken, I don't understand closing the bars and whether to allow schools, or trains or buses ... I also do not understand that as cinemas or theaters open here ... people understand that there are many who do nothing to avoid it, but those of us who are responsible pay for all ... I understand that if things get out of hand and there are deaths, it is closed and avoided, but as Spain does that alarms because there are 500 infections ... but it does not tell you how many are asymptomatic, which is what matters ...

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
new lie of the Spanish press, that the English variant is more powerful than vaccines and we will have it in Spain for 10 years, really, why do they strive to label you as criminals?

·
Super Moderator
8,556 Posts
suppose they blame us for 2 world wars and for saving there arses too do they :ROFLMAO: if its all going tits up in the world, blame the English :ROFLMAO: its ok, we can take (y) and if Spanish press is anything like British press, take it with a pinch of salt mate (y)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
tbf, we didn't do much for Spain in either world war. What amuses me is certain Americans seething about the "China virus" when the "Spanish flu" of 1918 came from Kansas and was brought over to Europe by their Doughboys in WW1. It was called "Spanish flu" because Spain wasn't at war and their press wasn't prevented from reporting about a morale-depressing killer disease.

The Spanish press are getting facts wrong (I've said this a lot of times - most reporters don't understand or even try to learn science). The UK strain spreads more efficiently - I have recently switched from the usual blue mask to the KN95 - but most vaccines appear to be no less effective. The South African/Brazilian strain is the one causing the vaccine problem and might need some rework.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The Spanish press is not wrong because it is bought by the dictator who directs us that it is different, sincerely I do not care if you have to get sick you are going to do it, whether it is a Brazilian Spanish British or Chernobyl strain, not for that I am going to differentiate people or all the nonsense that the progresses say, above a person there is nothing or nobody, and it seems that these 10 years they want to eliminate that and return to classes of people, as happens in football, or on Spanish TV , that all together in the program without a mask or distance and nothing happens here I also don't see normal treating everyone as infected and disgusting, I think that by now we should have PCR daily at home, and an electronic program that forces us to leave home with negative PCR, even with a GPS bracelet , but in Spain things will never be done well, if we know that to put out the fire we have to remove the oxygen, Spain would fight to try with 100 octane gasoline

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Well, I might have spoken to soon. There are reports of a "Bristol variant". This is different to the UK strain ("Kent" variant as it was first noticed in the South East) because the Bristol one looks and acts more like the South Africa/Brazil strain and is less responsive to vaccine. There only appear to be a few dozen cases and they are increasing the PCR testing in the Bristol area. Typical - I have just noticed a LHD Clio 2 (possibly with the 100PS diesel engine) and it is near Cardiff. I would probably have to change trains at Bristol. Mrs Oz would make me sleep in it for 2 weeks before letting me back in the house.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
weeks says hahaha, wait for me to correct you, 10 years comp says Spain around here we begin to think that it does not matter that the virus ends, or the plandemic as it is called, for example valencia cerro before christmas bars restaurants and so on, and now it is one of the most affected in infections and deaths, come on, what Closing bars does not work, and Spain ensures that they disappear, on top of that now the head of health lets us see another massive closure that "now is of no use to us, but TWO WEEKS AGO it would be effective" Spain, country of sheep

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
And that's it, the dictator that we have as president in Galicia is saying directly that the British strain reigns in Galicia and that is why we are still locked up in our city hall all of Galicia, now all the people will charge against you for these inventions of this ******* I would say more things but I happened to have problems hahaha

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
semi refloto the issue, how are you doing in the UK with this? For Spain, leaving aside that the government is a disaster, we can finally take the mask out on the street, as long as there are not many people in a small space, but it turns out that all or 70% continue to wear it, even taking into account that there is no Scientific basis that in the street protects you from anything, I understand that older people want to put it on, in fact when I meet someone older I stop breathing out of respect, basically because if they catch it you know that they will not get out of this, and you would not like it know that it was you who could hit it, because what I said, how are you in the UK on the subject? will we pass this by?

·
Super Moderator
8,556 Posts
in the uk we still have to wear a mask in shops, buses, planes, taxis, ships.. we dont need to wear masks out in the street, never have done. hopefully this will all change next month to no masks at all (y)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Spain's dictates have never been really backed up by science (this is actually a field that I have some reasonable knowledge of) but I do understand how the various governments tended towards unambiguous rules rather than confusion. As you know, I was in Spain until early May 2020 before returning to the UK.

It is most ridiculous that Spain still does not have clear, sensible rules about mask wearing at the beach. There was some talk that this was not necessary (seeing two people from the same household, sunbathing with no-one within 200m of them, wearing masks, is just silly) but this was 'clarified' to "you don't need to wear a mask when you are swimming in the sea" - that just made me laugh out loud.

The problem is that many people can't handle complex rules, or choose to ignore them. Passing people briefly outdoors, even if they are infected, has not been likely to cause much spread; whereas lengthy (>15mins) exposure indoors has developed widespread infection. However, that has been with previous variants. Alpha (Kent, UK) was more transmissible and Delta (India) is more transmissible still. If it approaches the transmissibility of measles, for example, then there could be real trouble unless >85% of the local population is completely vaccinated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is most ridiculous that Spain still does not have clear, sensible rules about mask wearing at the beach. There was some talk that this was not necessary (seeing two people from the same household, sunbathing with no-one within 200m of them, wearing masks, is just silly) but this was 'clarified' to "you don't need to wear a mask when you are swimming in the sea" - that just made me laugh out loud.
Honest people are worried about getting fined. Even if what's happening lately is that Courts are checking rules vs law and turns out that fines have no legal backup. People got tickets from police officers for not having masks inside the car(and I mean HAVE I'm not talking about wearing it inside the car), those people were traveling in a car from a house to another (not flats) with garage. That's chaos and nobody wants to be required to pay any money, even more nowadays which such a bad unemployment rate.

And nevertheless in Spain or at least in some regions mask was mandatory with or without anyone nearby. As soon as you stepped out of your door, you were oblige to wear one.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
True, now at least they take it off in the street but the old scares got them to keep putting it on even when they are alone, I think tomorrow they say they go naked so as not to take it and there they all go, it's a shame the little common sense that some have, and see how they separate from you and look at you with hatred for not putting it on the street legally .... society is throwing away the years without dictatorship in Spain for the WC

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
"Congratulations" kids, for eliminating the covid rules, although you should have respect for the "bug" and not forgetting some rules in front of many people, I'm sorry to tell you that the press in Spain makes you bad in the sense of abandoning the rules, here people are It is getting very bad around fear, they even protest if you approach, or do not wear the mask on the street, or even if you ride a bicycle without the mask, it is incredible how all of Spain has changed with this issue, they even ask to put it on new on the street and curfews as he is suffering 4 bolt without going any further, now in Galicia they ask us for a pcr to enter bars, restaurants and hotels, for example, but then you see them all at concerts and nothing happens, What starts to scare me a bit is that the press does not stop accusing the young people who are the culprits, as if the adults had nothing to do with it, how are you all over the world? see you at the nürburgring

21 - 35 of 35 Posts