Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i drove round tonight after filling up my tank at me local jet garage i drove around 20-30 miles then some "about town driving" then parked up for an hour talking to some mates.

When i went to go about my merry way, the engine warning light flashed several times then stayed on, after that my car seemed to have no power and spluttered on like an old woman.

It now sounds like a 5.5bhp lawnmower :(.

On tickover the revs dip under 500 and go back up again like it is struggling to stay alive and i got no idea wot the hell is going on any help would be good.

cheers

·
Registered
488 Posts
i drove round tonight after filling up my tank at me local jet garage i drove around 20-30 miles then some "about town driving" then parked up for an hour talking to some mates.

When i went to go about my merry way, the engine warning light flashed several times then stayed on, after that my car seemed to have no power and spluttered on like an old woman.

It now sounds like a 5.5bhp lawnmower :(.

On tickover the revs dip under 500 and go back up again like it is struggling to stay alive and i got no idea wot the hell is going on any help would be good.

cheers
you put diesel in??? :lol:

don't know.. must be a sensor or something??? get it checked asap!!!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
sounds like its misfiring!? get the spark plugs changed!

·
Registered
505 Posts
check coil pack. common failure

·
Registered
890 Posts
What crap?

the petrol tank corrodes on cars this old does it?

What's the fuel filter for?

was thinking the same, so many people have the misconception that running your fuel low will **** the enigne up. Utter crap in my opinion, thats was the fuel filters for!

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
What crap?

the petrol tank corrodes on cars this old does it?

What's the fuel filter for?

was thinking the same, so many people have the misconception that running your fuel low will **** the enigne up. Utter crap in my opinion, thats was the fuel filters for!
On older cars, where there has been years of corossion of the metal then possibly some bits could damage the filter and get through. But i wouldn't say that happens until a car is about 15 years old +

·
Registered
125 Posts
sounds like e.g.r valves stuck. it'll be putting exhaust gas in when its not needed and causing it to run badly. mite be wrong tho.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well got me mate up the garage to dio it and it was the third spark plug playing silly buggers and fooked me coil pack an all so new spark plugs and coil pack grand total £10 so i aint complainin lol

cheers for your help guys :salute:

·
Registered
3 Posts
the fuel filter won't stop water going into the engine from the tank - this happens when u get condensation in the tank. plays havoc with ur injectors!;)

·
Grumpy Old Git
34,689 Posts
mine started doin this tonight as well mate just pulled upto lights and it sounds pretty much the same and then taking ages to start too

1 - 20 of 21 Posts