Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have a 2002 Corsa C SRi 1.8 and I need a new "Hose, air bleed and overflow, thermostat housing to throttle valve body" shown in the picture below, which for my VIN number is Vauxhall part number 9158679 unfortunately I can't find one of these anywhere, but I can find Vauxhall part number 9158744 which is listed for other Z18XE engined Vauxhalls. On the parts catalogues they look the same but that's only a drawing, has anyone out there had any experience with these, are the two different parts numbers effectively the same part. I'm not having any luck through ebay or breakers yards and the 9158744 part I did find is £70 so I don't want to order it if it's different and won't fit my car. Thanks for your help.

135309207_413292029894004_9165219370104914336_n.jpg

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I can see your problem. I didn't turn up your part # anywhere useful except for an out-of-stock at Amazon. The other part # is also an out-of-stock at Amazon and, flipping and rotating the image it does look similar. The 3 caveats I have are
(1) the latter clearly has a different looking connector (temp sensor?) bracket and possibly another holding bracket
(2) I can't be sure the kinks and bends follow exactly the same lines and a small difference is a bust
(3) my biggest worry is the first p/n is listed as the coolant part you want, whereas the 2nd p/n often came up with fuel line and throttle body references.

The only hope I did find (and I checked Astra G, Vectra B and Meriva A as well as Corsa C - same p/n for each car) was this

It's Germany (although postage is included), used parts and more stuff than you actually need but it is all coolant hosiery so should be the right bits. You could use some Google Translate (keep it simple) to ask if the metal + plastic bit is 9158679 (Opel 6 56 063). I really didn't find anything else.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I'd really like to get a new one if I can rather than get used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts