Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hopefully it's ok to make a thread like this here - if not, move it somewhere suitable.

It all started with the P1500/P1523/P1526 fault codes. So, I started of with the cheapest solutions, I bought a new throttle body for around £30 thinking this would sort out the problem.

The car still wouldn't rev over 1500. I tried some tricks with the op-com etc. but nothing was curing the problem. So I have got myself another ECU kit for the corsa because apparently that cures the issue with the throttle (loss of power/low power).

So now my question, the new ECU kit fixed the P1500-26 problems. But instead it kicked me with P1120/P1122 which is the Accelerator Pedal fault and now I have no accelerating power what so ever, I can dance on the pedal and nothing happens, any ideas what's going on? I checked wiring everything is fine, especially when like I said, on the previous ecu the Accelerator pedal worked but obviously wouldn't rev over certain bit. Now there is no reaction from it. I got myself a pedal from the corsa ECU kit donor I got, but it's no good either.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Don't know a solution, but have some info. P1500/P1523/P1526 Codes point towards Throttle Control Malfunction as you have already said. P1500 and P1523 together point towards the throttle valve positioner, which you have already changed. Whereas P1526 is throttle control lower position not learnt - Have you got an OpCom ? Might be worth resetting O2-Loop Block Map and run it for a while so it can learn the values again (for the new throttle body) and see how it goes...

P1120 and P1122 look like they are high or low voltages on both position sensors which could be a result of the above. If you have a multimeter this might be a good test to

"Ignition OFF
All consumers turned off
Disconnect wiring harness connector from:
B22 Sensor - Pedal Position
Ignition ON
Measure voltage between the following terminals:
Wiring harness connector (wiring harness side) wiring colour RDBU
&
Ground
Note:

Wiring colours: BK=Black, BN=Brown, BU=Blue, GD=Gold, GN=Green, GY=Grey, OG=Orange, PK=Pink, RD=Red, SR=Silver, TQ=Turquoise, VT=Violet, WH=White, YE=Yellow,
L=Light, D=Dark"

Voltage should be between 4.8 and 5.2 V

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bud, I'll check it tomorrow morning and I will get back to you with reply.

Indeed, I had the "low" voltage on both codes when "reeding codes with op-com".

PS. OpCom also showed faults with A/C and Fan 2/3 faults but I guess that's only because the Corsa Donor (new ecu kit) had the A/C etc. so I know I have to recode the ECU for the faults to be removed.

Back to the voltage checks thanks again I'll get back to you tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Just de-activate A/C and that that should sort it. I got that on the zlet, A/C removed but ECU and BCM haven't been programmed. 5 min job.

Let us know how you get on.. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jut a quick question you presume it could be that low voltage on wiring. However why did no problem occur on the previous ecu ? The original one I had.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
If you still have the old one, its worth giving it a try again, clear all the codes and run it and see what comes up. Make sure you keep clearing the fault codes to see the current issues and take note if they are present or not present.

It's hard to say.. All the codes are related, who is to say that there was nothing wrong with your throttle body in the first place but it is in fact wiring. Pedal position is directly linked to throttle valve position - if there was a variable or out of range voltage on one it would effect the other. You can only go on the codes and related information which you currently have - on the TIS 2000 software I have, it said to check the position sensor as thats related to the codes.

I also personally wouldn't of changed the ECU at this stage. :shrug1:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Some more checks for you to do.. If all these are okay it points towards your pedal position sensor.

Check: Short to Voltage/Interruption of Ground Circuit
Measure voltage between the following terminals:

Wiring harness connector (wiring harness side) wiring colour BNBU
&

Wiring harness connector (wiring harness side) wiring colour RDWH
&
Wiring harness connector (wiring harness side) wiring colour BNWH

Both should be between 4.8 - 5.2 V

Check : Live Pedal Position OpCom
APP Sensor 1 (Accelerator Pedal Position)
APP Sensor 2 (Accelerator Pedal Position)
Should be less than 0.3V

Check: Short to Ground/Interruption of Signal Circuit
Connect fused jumper wire to:
&
Wiring harness connector (wiring harness side) wiring colour WHYE
Diagnostic Tester Data List Parameter (OPCOM)
APP Sensor 1 (Accelerator Pedal Position) Should be between 4.8 - 5.2 V Once shorted.

Connect fused jumper wire to:
Wiring harness connector (wiring harness side) wiring colour RDWH
&
Wiring harness connector (wiring harness side) wiring colour WHGN
Diagnostic Tester Data List Parameter (OPCOM)
APP Sensor 2 (Accelerator Pedal Position) Should be between 4.8 - 5.2 V Once shorted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I went to check the rest of the wires on the sensor by the pedal.
Red/white = 5.00
Red/blue = 5.00
All of the other ones so (yellow/white, green white, brown white and brown blue) = around 0.60 could that be the problem? If so will those wires be the same colour in the ecu or wherever they lead to.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
5 Volts is fine. Your basicly measuring across different parts of 2 potentiometers(Sensor 1 and 2), each have 3 wires going to it - 1 which will have 5 volts.

Does it also show 0.6V on each sensor position on OPCOM? As that would be out of tolerance.

And yes they should match up to pins on the ECU engine loom. I can give you pins if needed.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Just a thought.. might be an idea to do the same tests but with the old ECU.. if you still have it. See if they differ at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think there might be something wrong with my "new" ecu. I put the old one back in the one with the Throttle Malfunction etc. faults (P1526) and the pedal worked fine, put the "new" one back in pedal is not working. High Volktage input.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Let's oCall my Original ECU #A# and the second hand one from yard I got #B#

#A# originally had a Throttle Body fault (P1526) alongside with other codes that fall under that. The car was driving but no more than 20mph. Everything else was fine.
#B# which is the one I got from a scrapyard was said to be 100% working order, but when plugged in with everything, displayed the Accelerator Pedal faults (Low/High Voltage) but no Throttle Body faults. So Can be said that #B# fixed the Throttle Body fault but came back with the pedal faults.
When I plugged in the #A# ECU back in the Throttle Body faults came back on but the Accelerator Pedal faults dissapeared.

No I bought a ECU for £100 from Ebay which i said to be 100% working order (again) but this time I have been given warranty and ability to return it under ebay conditions.

So my question is, can it be said that there is no mechanical faults with the car, instead the #A# and #B# ecus I have right now are just faulty? and if #C# (the one I bought from Ebay) is working order the faults should disapear?

·
Super Moderator
8,546 Posts
not read ya whole thread, so excuse me if i,am wrong, but was the ecu ya got off ebay decoded from the car it came from.

·
Registered
Corsa C 2004 z10xep
35 Posts
After replacing the throttle body did you rest the learn mode. As replacing parts have different values and a different number code so ecu needs to read these. I think op com has a all software to do this. Then it can learn the positions. Under special functions on ecu menu in op com. Reset loop and reset leaning.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.