Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recent development that might have come about from my attempted amp installation but I doubt it..

When I turn the ignition on I get a strange ticking, almost a beeping sound coming from around the hinge of the passenger side door, maybe behind the side indicator it's hard to tell. Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

I'll get a recording of it tommorow if someone would be able to host it somewhere for me

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The power wire is going through the grommet behind the battery, along with another black wire that was there beforehand. But even when the power wire aint connected to the battery, the noise is still there

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds like a relay is playing up to me, if im correct the main multi-timer/BCM unit and other relays is on the passenger side, to the side of or above the glove box. you might of pulled a connector loose, also the other black wire you spoke about is not a wire, it the screen wash pipe for the rear washer jet!!.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I must correct myself, the multi-timer/BCM is infact in the engine bay to the side of the battery. The reason u can ear the buzzing sound from inside the car is because the back end is open in the bulkhead for the cables to get in and out and it contains quite a few relays. It bound to be one of those thats buzzing but there are no connectors to come loose that i could see apart from the main one thats right at the back next to 4 grey relays which i think are for the central locking. torx bit is needed tho to take out the 6 screws holding the lid on. take a look and checkout for any loose conections and relays.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, thanks - well I have good news anyway, it's stopped doing it. I'm gonna put a little update in my thread in ice if you want to know how it seems to have been fixed (hopefully it won't come back anyway ;))

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Me too mate, tbh I don't even think it's fixed, although it stopped doing it as a result of what I changed with the wiring to my amp, so either it's a coincidence or it is actually ok now!

Fingers crossed. Still got probs with the sub tho! Never ending :(

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
That's why I said FYI - "For Your Information", as in you weren't too far off when you thought the BCM was in the passenger footwell. It is in the B, it's under the bonnet in the C.

I don't know why I bother sometimes...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.