Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there some way to solve the overheating problem with the TID screen? Whenever I left the car under the sun for more than an hour, the TID goes black and can't see **** until it get some fresh air, after 10-15 min

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
All the new Toyota's do the same if the display gets to hot it goes blank. Even in the UK when air temps rarely go above 25 degrees C.
You could try some heat shielding foil on the inside of the TID plastic trim cover or using one of those reflective sun screens inside the car.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I haven't had a problem with the standard MFD in the Combo Tour (nor the Modus) in Malaga but, as z22se says, I make the effort to put a reflective screen across when parked up for any lengthy time. They used to be a universal sight in Malaga (many of them were cardboard and probably given away as free advertising for Cruzcampo etc) but fewer people bother now with a/a being standard on almost all cars. Even so, I use one because the top of the steering wheel and, especially, the seat belt clasps can be painfully hot if I get in the car at 3pm when it's been parked up overnight and through the day.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't had a problem with the standard MFD in the Combo Tour (nor the Modus) in Malaga but, as z22se says, I make the effort to put a reflective screen across when parked up for any lengthy time. They used to be a universal sight in Malaga (many of them were cardboard and probably given away as free advertising for Cruzcampo etc) but fewer people bother now with a/a being standard on almost all cars. Even so, I use one because the top of the steering wheel and, especially, the seat belt clasps can be painfully hot if I get in the car at 3pm when it's been parked up overnight and through the day.
Well, it happent in Malaga, and I have one of those reflective screens...but I forgot to put it ...I was thinking more about a inside solution, make some insulant shell around the clock or something

·
Registered
357 Posts
******, what happens to you is that the temperature protection skips due to heat, so when it cools it looks, it has no solution, think that the dome acts as a hibernation and so that the screen does not de-wax, it knows a lot about those issues the MID of astra G, what happens to you is normal and there is no solution you can do, use a sun visor or put the car on your ass in those hours, little more

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Give the dome a "tinfoil hat", maybe, which would be quicker than covering the windscreen. All other methods I can think of would be complicated or battery draining.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts