Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new here and looking for some help have an 09 Tigra and the steering wheel is ruined so could someone help me/guide me in the direction of a new wheel or what will fit it or someone who refurb's them

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Not much point in a refurb, Geoff. The leather wheel from a Corsa C (with steering wheel controls for the stereo) is exactly the same and a max £20 off ebay. There's this one, but give me a moment and I can find better than that (price and condition)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Looks like someone forgot their seatbelt and braked suddenly, judging by the teeth marks, but a bit of leather polish would take care of most of the looks.

There are others (just search "Corsa steering wheel" in ebay, because not all of them are listed as Corsa C) and your current airbag will fit and work the same in the replacement, assuming yours is still good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info will take a look i take it there are not to many upgraded ones like i had a Range rover as my car before and a fitted a 2012 year wheel to a 2005 car so are there any nicer later wheels that will fit or syick with what it has
Thanks

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
A Corsa D (and I believe Astra H) wheel will go on, you need a certain type for the airbag to easily work, but the steering wheel controls are too complicated a job. I remember reading a thread about this and can track down the link if you'd like. The C wheel is more straightforward, but the D looks snazzier if you don't need audio controls (my memory tells me something about a "single switch version" of the wheel for easier airbag setup).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have read that you need a one wire airbag to make it work so yeah looking like a non starter on my land rover there was a company in Cyprus who made boards to fit a 2011 range rover sport/discovery 4 whee to a 2005 discovery/sport it cost a few pounds but was worth it did not mind paying for that as i got a heated wheel so very toastie but if it is going to be too hard perhaps just a new wheel :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts