Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 5-6 years of the Ultra Blue 2.2 Corsa C it was time for a change.
Always wanted a Tigra B but prices were to high or very poor condition. Then I saw this Black 1.4 with 36,000 mile local.
Given it a full service, new timing chain and cams/followers/lifters (been used on 5w30 oil and only 3 services in 14 years!)
Sorted out a few niggles with roof and windows.
Fitted the Irmscher boot spoiler I got 4 years ago, lowered on a B12 Bilstein kit, rear disc brake back axle, 280mm front brakes and piper 2.5" cat back exhaust. Then swapped the awful Penta's for Corsa D 17" sxi rims.
Still need to find Irmscher sill, grill and front lip extensions but these are like looking for golden unicorn poop!
20200614_151715.jpg
20200621_180146.jpg
20200623_183452.jpg
20200627_165809.jpg
20200627_165819.jpg
20200627_165913.jpg
20200627_165946.jpg
20200627_170111.jpg

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Nice, leather seats a good thing and I like white dials but that's not a biggy. The only split between us is that the Pentas are a favourite of mine and I wanted some for my Combo Tour but they're either expensive or scraped when I see a set up. I got a set of 16" D SXi facelift wheels recently which look quite good with the oversized 55s. They're in black, too, which does look good I admit.

There is a boot spoiler on ebay which is, as you say, one of the few times I see Irmscher anything for the Tig, and I search nightly for anything Corsa, Combo or Tigra out of interest. If I see your bits, I'll flag them up to you.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plenty of Penta's in 4 stud for sale. Sold mine for £150, budget tyres but great tread left almost new.
Going to be swapping the dial matts at some point, also want to swap bulbs for coloured LEDs just not sure what colour yet? :unsure:
If you do see any Irmscher Tigra B parts it would be great thanks. (y)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice little bargn convertibles.
Passed MOT today. Tester said it's one of the cleanest he has seen and was shocked how little I paid for it. For a 14 year old car it does come up well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm quite liking driving around in it even though i bought as a cat d it was cheap for what it is low miles needs a bit of paintwork but no structural damage so looking forward to doing bits and pieces but very hard to find forum's for them lol

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I'm always (y) glad to hear of a MOT pass keeping older cars OTR, especially with little or no outlay, so congrats on that.

I'd say stick around here and talk Tigra all you like, both of you and any others. For a while, a few months back, I was joking that this is the Combo (incorporating Corsa C) UK forum - so many people had got and were fettling their vans (or "self-employed dad with kids" hybrid in the case of my Tour). For me, Combo, Tigra and Meriva all welcome and of interest. I have the boomerangs and wouldn't say no to a pair of the 2009 Tigra leathers, which are better than the usuals, if they come up at a bargain price.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only needed front brakes and drop links for MOT, had the 280mm brakes from my Corsa C anyway.
Loads of these old cars going cheap as repair bills can soon be double cars value so if you can't repair yourself they end up being broken for parts.
We have a Meriva A at home as well. Thinking about getting a Combo to do some service work out and about to?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Yes, I saw a LHD Meriva that tempted me (UK plate but originally Spanish). Clever seating and all that. The Combo caries a surprising amount and, with the right engine, moves it along reasonably. How's the 1.4 in the Tigra? You'd think that it needs the 1.8, but I had an X1/9 for quite a few years and the 1.5 8v was still enough fun with the roof off (and very good handling) to not miss the ponies too much.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It feels pretty flat. Ok for a steady drive with roof down but to slow for motorway use really.
Handling is spot on now with the B12 kit and better tyres. Just needs a couple hundred more horse power :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah i would agree fine when you get it to 70 but not easy to keep it there and no poke when you accelerate either
70? don't go that fast, feels flatter than my 2005 1.2 Corsa C SXI. wider tyres and a bit extra weight probably doesn't help. Soon sort that though just need a workshop :unsure: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah would by the 1.8 if i bought again don't think i could warrant the diesel with the miles we do but even the misses was up to 70 yesterday not the quickest car especially after we once owned a supercharger Range rover sport:)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Little update,
Sound system started, Off the shelf JL 10" micro ported sub/box, 5 channel amp, 2 way component speakers in doors, sound proofed doors a little, Vibe speaker baffles, Alpine DAB head unit with full phone mirror apple or android, steering remote and hands free, new gear stick and hand brake gaiters, white led's in dash, white dial mats, Meriva VXR steering wheel, many hydro dipped bits to replace the silver ally effect trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I know this is probably not the most obv thing to pick up on, but I do like the Meriva VXR wheel. I seldom see an Irmscher one and wouldn't say no but the last time was £120. The VXR one must be a hen's wisdom tooth but I prefer it to the Irm.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The steering wheels are about as rare as the Irmscher ones inly as they are not painted plastic they last longer. similar money to the Irmscher one as well. there was only around 500 VXR Meriva's sold in the uk though and quite a few steering wheels sold as spare's back in the early 2000's when they came out.
They sell fast when they do come up. I only have 2 though :rolleyes: 🤪:LOL:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts