Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best % to go for?And how much would it cost?
Ive heard loads but what can you have now?

S

·
0 Posts
Mine are 35% alround which look smart but think that might be illegal now.

Mine where £150 professionally done but I got a bit of deal on mine through a mate ;)

·
Registered
690 Posts
The police can't be that bothered with front windows at the moment as I've never been stopped for them.

Suppose it depends what mood they're in at the time!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
having tint on the front 2 windows is NOT illegal.

But it is illegal if the tint stops a set ammount/percentage of light comming thru.

Used to be that 35 % tints were Legal but due to cars comming with a slight tint from factory (even tho its not noticable) then the windows would be darker than the sed 35% of the tint film.

driver and passenger front windows have to let thru 70% of light to be legal.

if ur not sure then contact ur local vehicle testing stationa s they will have the written law.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got mine done there last tuesday, I got them medium all round which looks good. When I was there I asked him what the legal limit is and he said that medium is border line, its legal but its as far as ya can go. The back of course you can go as dark as you like

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Cruizin_Corsa said:
I got mine done there last tuesday, I got them medium all round which looks good. When I was there I asked him what the legal limit is and he said that medium is border line, its legal but its as far as ya can go. The back of course you can go as dark as you like
medium is only legal if it meets the above light transmission requirements.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I believe its illegal to have any tint on the windscreen (although i recently read on teletext that you can have up to 25% on the windscreen???)

Your front sides no more than 35% (mine are 25%)
You can have any % on all other windows! (I think i had 50 all round)

It cost me £120 for all 5 windows, only took the guy about an hour to do

·
Registered
107 Posts
Alright have you got any better pics of your tints so i can see how dark 50%
and alos your side tints im looking to get mine done soon but dont want cops on my case about them i get enough grief as it is

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
yer i got my sides 25% to be on the safe side, i get stopped enough for various things (just cos theyre unhappy and feel like pulling someone over, its any excuse really)

ill find some closer pics of the tints for ya mate...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Its confusing because all of the windows in cars are tinted already by about 15% I think!

The legislation has changed this year to say that anything from the B pillar onwards can not be tinted more than what came with the car as new. So basically no tints on front windows. No police know about it anyway because there are loads of cops in my family and none of them knew about it!

Dont quote me on it but I'm sure I have read this on one of the topics here somewhere!

D

·
0 Posts
Ive had mine for months now and not had any bother....

They wont pull you just for having tinted windows - you will get pulled if you are driving stupid etc....
They will then fine you for them as they have got you for something else...

Hope that makes sence :lol:

·
Registered
93 Posts
if you don't attract police attention then i don't see why they would pull you over. i always drive past police and they give me a smile.

maybe they're in love with me? :shock:

·
Registered
690 Posts
GoldPenguin said:
if you don't attract police attention then i don't see why they would pull you over. i always drive past police and they give me a smile.

maybe they're in love with me? :shock:
Be scared if he offers to show you his baton!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts