Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a big dilema:err:, a guy who i worked with has offered me an 11lb bottle of nitrous with a kit which has 75bhp jets ,for £350 notes fitted btw, if i was to pur chase this, how long would my little 1.2 last? also i've been looking at the turbo conversion which takes it up to about 130bhp. i love the :lol::love:PPPPPPHSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!:love::lol: anybody does this one before??

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
either or both?
brrrrmmm PPPPPHHHHHHSSSSSSSTTTTTT!!!!:heelclick:

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
do it, youll need a controller though if you dont want to blow up your engine with another 75hp, i would get a controller and some 50hp jets (about another £300) and youll be laughing.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tbh i would prefer to just have the turbo. it involves a full engine rebuild but that ain't a problem, i can get hold of another 12xep to use and run about in mine til the engine is built. what would i do about the box cos it won't take that much power going through it?:err:

·
Registered
689 Posts
whn i asked about turboing my 1.2, ppl just told me not to bother and to buy a 1.8, it makes sence, might still be doing so!!!
then you can turbo the 1.8 in the future to get like 250bh like black_turbo_sri

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
while the boost of a turbo is great fun how much more power does the turbo give over a standard 1.8 lump?
I suppose it depends on how much boost it runs. Would the internals of a 1.2 allow for a turbo and NOS?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i've been told by a local tuning company that with a turbo and a rebuild i could expect up to 150bhp without the nos, which i think is more fun than a 1.8, i know there quick the 1.8's but from personal experiance you can't rush the box in them cos they're naf

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
put an sri gearbox on.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
lol get it dont, i want to see a corsa with nos would be cool 8)

·
Registered
17,539 Posts
Would be interesting but risky that your engine might go BANG

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
seen a corsa with nos today - only nitrous purges, he had ran out of it though so could not show us, but it sounded call, an you could still say u had nitrous :look:

·
Grumpy Old Git
34,689 Posts
nitrous is relatively safe nowadays, it will only go bang if you fit big jets to a car not capable of matching its demands, they say max for a 1 litre is 30bhp jets 1.2 50bhp 1.4 75bhp and the 1.8 can handle 100bhp, but so it doesnt put the engine under too much load get a progressive controller which feeds it in sensibly rather than just a button to activate,
ive seen a corsa c on nos it was a 1.4 with 75bhp jets on it and with all the other stuff it had it was pretty bloody quick

·
Registered
17,539 Posts
nitrous is relatively safe nowadays, it will only go bang if you fit big jets to a car not capable of matching its demands, they say max for a 1 litre is 30bhp jets 1.2 50bhp 1.4 75bhp and the 1.8 can handle 100bhp, but so it doesnt put the engine under too much load get a progressive controller which feeds it in sensibly rather than just a button to activate,
ive seen a corsa c on nos it was a 1.4 with 75bhp jets on it and with all the other stuff it had it was pretty bloody quick
Yeh spose your right about the jets there, dont get massive jets, small jets will do as tbh extra 50 horse power is alot in my eyes, spec if ya got other stuff under the hood

1 - 18 of 18 Posts