Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got pulled for my tints and had to take them off before I could drive the car as I got given a prohibition. (and a fine)

So i tried all the usual crap like hair dryers and chemical for an hour or so...

Didnt work...

Get a brand new stanley knife blade, and scrape, with the blade at a 45degree angle, the glass doesnt scatch a bit, and the tints once you've made a cut, they peel right off like the backing of a sticker. In like three or four peices, took me 15 minutes in bad light (alf 9) to take off both my front tints.

Simple!

Some glue after though, so next morning got standard window cleaner, a sponge and the same blade, cover the window in the cleaner and keep peeling off with the blade.

The glue probably takes an hour a window, didnt try the hair dryer this time but might make a difference geting the glue off.

Also try do the job on a hot day it helps ever so slightly.

·
Registered
30,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...it was tried, which is why i think he gave me the prohibition! lol

·
Banned
22,984 Posts
or wind the windows down when you see a copper, but pretend they're up.., when he stops you in the car, pretend to wind it down using an imaginery handle.
Honestly Martin? I wouldn't put it past you to do that ;)

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
or wind the windows down when you see a copper, but pretend they're up.., when he stops you in the car, pretend to wind it down using an imaginery handle.

Now thats a top tip!

Either that or leave it up until they are forced to knock on the window... then wind it down and say sorry officer didnt see you there

·
Registered
682 Posts
police cant force you to wind your windows up , so if you are stopped then njust make sure there down before they can get to the car ;)

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
I got pulled for my tints and had to take them off before I could drive the car as I got given a prohibition. (and a fine)

So i tried all the usual crap like hair dryers and chemical for an hour or so...

Didnt work...

Get a brand new stanley knife blade, and scrape, with the blade at a 45degree angle, the glass doesnt scatch a bit, and the tints once you've made a cut, they peel right off like the backing of a sticker. In like three or four peices, took me 15 minutes in bad light (alf 9) to take off both my front tints.

Simple!

Some glue after though, so next morning got standard window cleaner, a sponge and the same blade, cover the window in the cleaner and keep peeling off with the blade.

The glue probably takes an hour a window, didnt try the hair dryer this time but might make a difference geting the glue off.

Also try do the job on a hot day it helps ever so slightly.
alternatively Brake Cleaner works a treat and makes it far easier to get off the excess glue ;)

·
Registered
30,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i bet they can

they'll just throw you in the slammer for refusing to co-operate with police, you might aswell murder someone and sit on the body so the police cant see

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
they'll just throw you in the slammer for refusing to co-operate with police, you might aswell murder someone and sit on the body so the police cant see
well... it saves digging up your patio....

·
Registered
30,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dark smoke, but with the tints off my windows still coming up as 78% which is only just legal still!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
thats not actually correct. they cant make you wind them up, and they cant get into your car to wind them up without suspicion of theft, drugs, terrorism or cheating. just tell them your fuse blew and you cant wind them up. simple really when you think about it

·
Registered
30,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thats not actually correct. they cant make you wind them up, and they cant get into your car to wind them up without suspicion of theft, drugs, terrorism or cheating. just tell them your fuse blew and you cant wind them up. simple really when you think about it
have you ever tried that?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts