Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Tornados' make my van look pants...

8K views 105 replies 11 participants last post by  DanG847 
#1 ·
Took a few pics of the van today, these bloody planes in the background let it down a bit!!!!!

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

See less See more
#12 ·
I'm a bit nerdy on that front, but more the piston engined types. The GR4s were retired just this year, interesting to see a row of them out like that. Are you having new wheels or new "wheels"? I read elsewhere that you're considering moving on to something else to drive. If it's wheels, I have those SXi 15s for my all-weathers (not lowered suspension though) and they do look a bit underwhelming. I got some D 15s with summer rubber and they look better filling despite the same diameter. I think Delta Romeo was right that the C SXi offset of 49 swallows them up a bit and the Ds (not sure, but maybe 39) popped more.

Bigger metal, slimmer rubber, definitely looks better (16s or even 17s) although I would keep 55/15s for long-trek comfort. Delta Romeo and I were watching a set of Tigra Penta 17s but they went past £150 and needed shipping. Among my favourite straight-on alloys, though.

#14 ·
Geek lol. They are gr4s as they are parked in RAF Honington. No engines though.

Iv got 16" gsi wheels to go on, currently getting refurbed in grey. Iv got 17" fox 4 with a 39 offset to try but they are trashed and need repairing.

I'm bidding on an astra 2.0 sri turbo at the moment for a donor, and if just bought the clocks from a 1.2, the ecu and loom so that should be my next project. Well.... I'm in the middle of buying a house so may have to put it off until that's gone through

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

#15 · (Edited)
I remember seeing this quite recently and dredged it up:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-VAU...429307?hash=item5d8f6fd47b:g:Ag8AAOSwyJNdSDYQ

The reg is on the key, looking closely, it used to be an 1199cc (12XE) Life 3dr, reg'd in Mar 05 with 87k on it. Dull black clocks with not even the silver rings (typical Life spec) but hey; £27 for everything bar a boot lock - posted - is pretty good.

EDIT: Not much more for this:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL...150611?hash=item340b13dd53:g:tJUAAOSwkhhc4sMR

which is a snazzier dash (and I assume ABS, which the one above isn't, if that's an issue beyond Opcom - you'd know better than I do) but I can't read any reg giveaway.

#25 ·
Hello DanG, I have seen a couple of "everything you need to do the Z20let" ads on ebay, £700 and £1000 (the latter incl some unrelated but handy upgrades) but I don't want to get "Sheldon Cooper Unfriended You" from people understandably irritated by my ebay search OCD. If they interest you but don't appear in your search, I can dig them up again if you wished.

Pity those Tornies had their engines removed. I would have liked to read your progress thread, "Just fitted the RB199 under the camper bed... getting mach 1.3 but have to replace the sleeping bag after each run and the back windows don't need tinting now."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.