Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BREAKING-Vauxhall-Corsa-B-B204-Turbo-C20-C20xe-c20let-nova-corsa/401942219942?hash=item5d959f8ca6:g:WcwAAOSwIXxdrbp8&LH_ItemCondition=4

Perhaps the listing description has items that tickle your fancies, DanG. Wigan is the neck of the woods for me (for another week, until I return early December) and Delta Romeo (even nearer, and permanent) if you need a pair of eyes.

Speaking of DR, I have collected SXi alloys back from him that he has made very respectable again (Ta, DR) and -more important from your POV- I have de-griffined centre caps that I can Blitz, making my Griffined set superfluous to me. PM me so that I have an address to send the latter to you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
So, today I start my clutch change. 3rd time lucky!!

1st time the clutch got contaminated with oil so slipped like a gooden (didn't replace the seal on the layshaft) this time as iv got a stage 2 map on it shed started slipping in 3rd,4th and 5th. So new clutch it is.

I'm also converting back to dual mass flywheel while I'm at it.

Anyhow, today looks like this......

Rain everywhere!!

Iv also had a tidy out of the garage to get it done, will also help with moving house this winter!!

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
To help with these......

The turbo is from the 1.7, I'm gonna play with that and the standard one and see about doing a DIY Hybrid!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Welcome back, DanG. I thought the mods had banned you to keep the Combo numbers down before we take over. Are you back in Blighty then? Doesn't look like Cyprus. I'm back in Malaga but I return for 2nd week of Dec so I can send you those SXi centre caps if you're around for postie. My Opel Tour is relegated to the top of the driveway for winter, sitting on the Vx SXi set and all-weathers but Delta Romeo has DIY-furbed my other SXi set and those centre caps are degriffined ready for my choice of blitzes. Also, I am cheeky-bidding on some hideous (and scraped) Life alloys, simply because of the usable M+S tyre on one. If successful, that's yet more griffin centre caps I don't need.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Oz, yep I'm back. Bloody freezing it is! (Well, compared to 30°+ cyprus). Yea that would be great if you could send those wheel caps!!

I too will be putting my winter wheels back on this week, touch wood the lsd gets here before any snow hits!!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Oh, forgot to say, clutch out, new flywheel on and ready to put back together in 3 hours, all in the dark under a head torch!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Update. Spent all morning putting the gearbox back in and rebuilding the front end....... no drive to the wheels!!!!!

Bugger. Now, I can think of only two things it can be:

Friction plate round the wrong way...

Or

Pressure plate on wrong. Reason why I'm thinking this is because their is next to no preload on the friction plate I.e when I screwed the pressure plate onto the flywheel it didn't really feel as though it was sprung and clamping to the flywheel.

Anyhow, back off with the box first thing in the morning!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Oh, and I'm starting to get pissed off with Vauxhalls as a hole now so I may jump ship if it keeps going the way it is

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I sympathize although, tbh, anything more involved than swapping for a leather handbrake gaiter starts slipping out of my payscale and looks like a complicated project. That said, any car now (I have a half-eye on a Renault) that I wonder if the dull lump can be lifted out for the same-but-jazzier turbo version... t'internet seems to be "you'll need to piggyback an ECU from the... find someone with obscurecom to reprogram the... " and settling for 75hp just seems to hurt my head less. Buying a tidy 1.3 and simply shoving in the go-fasters from the rapidly-depreciated hottie that Wayne left stuck in a wall seems to be a thing of the past, nowadays.

Came to offer tea and a cheer-up but now I just sound like Abe.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Haha, that's brilliant. Yea they are becoming rarer!

Day three...... let's see what it brings!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Well, old clutch back in for the time being.

Iv contacted larkspeed to see if I am doing anything wrong with this stage 3 clutch.

I am picking up a second hand dm flywheel to compare with the one I bought brand new to see if the one i was sent is correct or not.

On the plus side, i have fitted the H+R front lowering springs ...... they have raised the front a little but made the ride a bit more comfy. The rear ones will go on tomorrow

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Saw a set of f+r Combo lowering coils on ebay very recently, don't know if they were your previous. Props for working in these conditions; even Malaga is a bit off-putting right now. The Med's turned me into a wuss.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
No mate, they are not mine. Mine are still in the garage.

Clutch update: I have the wrong flywheel!!! The one I bought from ebay is for a different 1.3!!!! So, now need to source another flywheel, but don't want to pay the prices on euro car parts!!!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I shall flag any 1.3CDTi DMF until you issue a 'cease and desist' notice. You know my sad searching obssession.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
No, don't bother..... I just need a good machine shop, I can skim 4 mm of the side of the flywheel and it will work!!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Vale, de nada (better use Spanish now the forum flags me up, literally). Let me know if you'd like me to search ebay for used machine shops; I only search corsa, combo, tigra, meriva, focus, modus [and Twingo, I've started fancying the idea of a Mk1] so plenty of avenues still unexplored for me:geek:

61 - 80 of 87 Posts