Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a website that just lists torque wrench setting for various nut/bolts etc on specific cars?

I can't find one anywhere so was thinking of creating one, 'wiki like' so it can be updated by users.

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,339 Posts
don't think there is

other than a haynes manual

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I was thinking the same as Pugh. The problem with such a site is that the likeliest source for info would be Haynes. Seeing as they sell online manuals, they might try to have your idea taken down.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Other option is Youtube if someone has done said job and has been good enough to mention it in the video!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I accept that most values would most likely be sourced from Haynes manuals but they did not produce the values, they have only collated them from official sources and they published them. I think I will start a website and see how it goes (y)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Nice idea - all the best and update on how you get on. You're right (afaik) that Haynes wouldn't have any real legal legs, but I wouldn't be incredibly surprised if they did try some Carter-Ruck letter to try and push you off, moan at Google to keep you off search returns, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was thinking the same as Pugh. The problem with such a site is that the likeliest source for info would be Haynes. Seeing as they sell online manuals, they might try to have your idea taken down.
This would be a pretty good idea for a website though if there was nothing that explicitly linked back to Haynes

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I forgot to come back and take a look. I shall try to add some data when I'm back in UK (April) with my Focus and Corsa C manuals.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Second hand Haynes manuals are very cheap, especially on abebooks.co.uk. They cost £5 upwards. Mine was from a library that had been taken out by 20 people, yet there wasn't a single oily fingerprint in the book! There is now...

We should be careful to avoid plundering resources like Haynes while destroying their income. If something doesn't make money it inevitably vanishes, and I for one wouldn't like to live in a world without Haynes manuals!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
TBF, this was discussed early on. I wouldn't feel comfortable contributing to plagiarizing Haynes, but I think the idea is to add the torque #s from the owner's manuals which become more scarce as the car moves on to its 4th or 5th owner. No different to, e.g., recommended tyre pressures and not something they either hold original copyright on nor should worry unduly about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts