Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've been told that with most insurance companies, as long as your modifications dont affect the performance of your vehicle, you are still insured without informing them of these modifications but they will only replace standard vehicle parts in the event of a claim?

Anyone? sounds too good to be true

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
i heard that as well, but it would seem that only some do... you will have to check

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think Bell and Admiral are one of the companies that take on this policy.

I've not told them bout my angel eyes coz they'll charge me extra to insure them, but if they ever need replacing under insurance it will only be with standard ones!

So no point telling them about it really!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh im probably screwed then... direct line! Why must they make it so difficult to find out! I dont want to have to phone up

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yup, might be time to look for another insurer! apparently virgin have this policy of replacing standard but allowing mods! might try them

·
Registered
911 Posts
well its false strictly speaking, however, my insurance (Norwich Union) told me that if it affects performance/drivability then it must be declared or insurance will be void (This included my alloy wheels, lowered suspension and spoiler).

If it doesnt directly affect this then it doesnt have to be declared (no premium) but if they get broke/stolen then OEM parts will be replaced (this included my leather seats, metal grilles, colour coding, front and rear light covers and rebadging)

Depends on who you are with, I was happy with NU tho.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your input guys. Im going to need to phone direct line I expect. Then if they say Its void with any mods i'll phone around!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I think Bell and Admiral are one of the companies that take on this policy.
I've not told them bout my angel eyes coz they'll charge me extra to insure them, but if they ever need replacing under insurance it will only be with standard ones!

So no point telling them about it really!
Nopes.. Admiral want to know of *any* mods, cosmetic or not. You could get shafted if you need to claim.

·
Registered
26,907 Posts
why risk it unless told by the company

i have nothing that increases the power enough to bother my insurance company, but because the parts you fit will most likely make the car more appealing to thieves the insurance company will want to know

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
false, you have to inform them of all modifications weather it be exterior/interior or performance. Some will say, they only replace for original parts though even when declared ;)

·
Registered
17,539 Posts
True on some but defo check it out, wudnt risk it with hundreds of pounds worth of mods on and none of them covered!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts