Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know what manifold i would need to buy for a 1.4 SRI 16v prefacelift. it would have to be a turbo manifold though and i only want to buy the manifold and not the kit from regal...by the way it is for a 1.4 turbo conversion on a corsa project car with my friend who deals with ferraris just to see if i can prove to another friend that it can be done other than going to regal (just thought i would let people know before they say what is the point) :yes:

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
it can be done. no point

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
as above - it can be done...

there no off the shelf solution bar the regal one (hence why they can charge what they want).

so the only other way is custom....

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
hmmm would a z18xe manifold fit the 1.4?

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
bugger as i might have been selling mine!

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Get what turbo you're after first then go to a good custom exhaust place and ask them to make up the manifold. It will be expensive and personally I wouldn't bother.
I priced up a custom turbo conversion last week and I was looking at around £2700 i think before any labour

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
Get what turbo you're after first then go to a good custom exhaust place and ask them to make up the manifold. It will be expensive and personally I wouldn't bother.
I priced up a custom turbo conversion last week and I was looking at around £2700 i think before any labour

and if you caqn fit it yourslef then your laughing....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To be fair to do a turbo cnversion yourself is really easy.....all you need is intercooler, mount the turbo run the pipework in and ensure that you only run the turbo at around 0.5 bar as to not damage any of the engine hence still prserving the life of it....and to be fair what regal charge of £3500 (and after what i have heard about them) it is a hell of a lot cheaper and more fun to do it yourself...just need that manifold as the turbo and pipework and intercooler i can find easy enough. Does anybody know where i could get a turbo manifold made? and if i went to a fabrication company what does it include? just strengthening the weilds or is it more difficult than that? By the way would the dbillas turbo manifolds work aswell as i am sure they retail at about £600?

·
Registered
343 Posts
LOL at this thread.

Sit a cast iron turbo adapter on the end of the standard cast manifold. Simple really. Same as doing a Nova 1.6 Turbo.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
intercooler
injectors
turbo
oil cooler
exhaust manifold, down pipe, cat, and cat-back to backbox
intake and pipework to turbo
inlet manifold with vacuum pipe
BOV/dump valve
remap
all pipes & hoses

I'm not sure how well the standard inlet and exhaust manifolds can be used tbh but if they're available to use that'll save a fair few bob

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
No need if doing it on a budget. Internals should be good for 230-240bhp which is very optimistic for a home brew cheapo turbo conversion lol

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i spoke to regal and they said that the turbo used has a garrett t2 core....thats just the internals right...not very good with turbos lol

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I would go against the grain here and say that a turbo conversion on these cars is worthwhile. Look at Jack and Nathans car. They are amoung the quickest C's about. Both have different ideas for the whole car, Jack is lairy and track focused while Nathans is all OE and sleeper ish. I have raced against Nathan and his whoops my 240bhp VRS :(

The only question you should be asking is if each person them selves can justify the cash in one go. If you can afford it, i say go for it. Its mega fun. If you cant afford it, then either save till you can, or be happy with what you got :)

For the money you will always be faced with the question, do i sell my car and put the cash towards a better overall car (Clio 182, Fiesta ST, Golf, Ibiza etc...) or do you love your C so much its worth spending the money on?

Your choice but i love these cars with a small turbo fitted. They are alot of fun. :)

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
What turbo would you advise running Garry?

I doubt I would ever do it but still nice to know lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
If it were me id use a T25 or even a T28 IF theres enough physical room. Chuck a cheap as chips intercooler spray kit on it for the summer & a simple oil cooler setup.

He says lol i know its easily done on a Nova GSi, mine was piece of pish, dont know about these new fangled Z series engines tho.

Could bodge it with a rising rate fuel reg, or do C ECU;s not take kindly to that kinda thing unlike B's & Nova's?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts