Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
Be different and get a charger, about £2k if you do the work yourself and you get stand alone managment...i'd reckon..

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
whats it going to be used for?

not many people have superchargers, but all the g40 boys at the drag track want cooper s chargers for ther cars.

lots of things to do with compression and if the engine can handle it, not as easy as jus bolting one on...

think turbos would be the same, uprated internals etc.. not exactly sure but think thats bout right.

·
Registered
79 Posts
not sure what the supercharger would be like but the dbilas turbocharger kit from regal autosport is very good. mine runs smoothly with no lag at all and boosts straight from the off. its only running at 7psi but has loads of potential! they upgrade some of the internals and the ecu to suite the upgrades but if you want alot more power you have to start thinking about pistons and rods etc. running very nicely with no problems, installed march07

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
£3,750 from Regal I think ;) Not sure if that includes fitting..

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
yeh but most standard corsa'a sound like hairdryers.. so supercharging it will leave you with the same noise, just it will shred tyres

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
You would get a supercharger whine...which would sound nothing like a hairdryer. Id also like to see somebody do it.

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
Id go with a supercharger, not as much peak power, but it makes for a much nicer road car.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Sorry dude, totally misread what you posted.

Dbilas only do the turbo kit, I somehow though that was what you posted.
Lol, no probs mate! I was thinking that as i never seen it on there website ;)

Anyone know who does the supercharger kit?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
just buy a eaton m45 off ebay thier one of cooper s , get a delivery miles one for 150 quid if you lucky , then fabricate the rest i lookin at droping one on a 1.8 lump , just looking at engine management looks like only viable way is a omex stand alone ecu

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
just buy a eaton m45 off ebay thier one of cooper s , get a delivery miles one for 150 quid if you lucky , then fabricate the rest i lookin at droping one on a 1.8 lump , just looking at engine management looks like only viable way is a omex stand alone ecu
duz the omex run fly by wire and with a omex will the dash work?

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
use 2 ecus.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts