Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all has anyone else had the problem of the tweeters giving up after a fair bit of abuse had my car 2 yrs now and today of all days did the left side tweeter go! so i'm looking for a replacement for both of them any idea :?

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
good question, i need to know this as well. Ive got some Fusion tweeters i want to put in replacement for the originals (still work though) but though dont exactly fit :banghead: any ideas how to go about it

·
Registered
23,694 Posts
easy to change em lads just rip off the cover (not literally lol, damn white clips).

then you can swap em over

if youve got comps its a bit more complicated but still easy

i got infinities in there i cut the grille out and mounted em in so they point toward you more cos the standard mount is crap for sound

·
Registered
631 Posts
i got mb quartz components and the tweeters on them fit straight inside the standard place well with a bit force only thing i can think of is, 2 cut the plastic clips and stick the new ones in place. but thats just my bodge sort of way of doing in

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
easy to change em lads just rip off the cover (not literally lol, damn white clips).

then you can swap em over

if youve got comps its a bit more complicated but still easy

i got infinities in there i cut the grille out and mounted em in so they point toward you more cos the standard mount is crap for sound
getting the old ones out isnt a problem, ive already taken mine out before ;) its just getting the new ones to fit, did you make up custom mounts?

·
Registered
15,780 Posts
i did what coops did just not as tidily lol the mounts came with the comps

but you can fit some in the normal mounts i did that for a while but wanted them on show
Yeah i had mine crammed in there for a while before deciding to do it like i have. Made a difference to the quality too as i could angle them for better staging.

·
Registered
15,780 Posts
what about for all us members that want a stealth sound system :look: i want to put the new tweeters in placement of the old ones and keep them hidden :look:
To be honest mate, Unless anyone knows exactly what a corsa interior looks like, they will never notice the difference. To me they look stealth and OEM! The only thing is there isnt a lot of space behind the old grille to fit new ones in and it doesnt do much for the sound.

what do tweeters do ? lol i no if im upgrading my front speakers i need to get componants but never asked what they do lol
In the component system there are 3 parts. The crossover, this splits the high frequencies from the rest and sends the highs to the tweeter and the rest to the woofer. The tweeter, this plays the high frequencies of the music. The woofer, this is a mid-bass driver that plays mid and low frequencies.

But for an idea setup, you want the sub to play the lows, the woofers to play the mids, and tweeters to play the highs. This can all be set up on the amps built in crossover

:thumbs:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.