Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Two vids of the Cooper S GTT

1K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  George 
#1 ·
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Private Road!

2nd video the traction control came in when I floored it at the beginning and changing from 1st to 2nd so slowd me down quite a bit.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
:) I dont drive like this all the time, change gear about 3k 99% of the time but have fun now and again, mostly just over taking the odd car here and there.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Well normal driving returns 32mpg which for me is about £50 a week. Was looking at Mk4 Astra GSI's but they are also only about 35mpg.

Think I might get a TDI 150 Golf Anniversary or maybe a GT TDi 150 R32 lookalike. Think they are about 8 seconds to 60 but return way better mpg (about 52) and are suited better for real life driving.

Thanks to the GTT treatment the MINI is running 210bhp, which on paper puts it to 6.2seconds to 60. Its a very quick car and the handling is immense but I've had my fun now and I think its time to get a more pratical car.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Na I'm only on £8 an hour but i work 50 hours a week (39 hours normal time 11 hours time and a half) :)

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Work in this engineering company negotiating prices between competitors trying to save my company as much money as possible. I worked on the shop floor for work experience then came and asked for a job 18 months ago. Did 12 months on the shop floor learning and eventually operating a CNC machine myself turning out jobs worth 20k in a week or so. I was only on £5.25 an hour then which worked out about £170 a week.

I saw this post came free, applied and was accepted. After 2 weeks in the job they thought I was so good I got two pay rises lol.

It's a good job, really intresting and not too hard! In one day I can save the company around £2-3k

Discussion starter · #19 ·
^^ Thankfully not me! no credit card or overdraft either! I'm too imautre for them imo and would end up in debt. I paid £7k cash/asset towards the Cooper S and rest on finance :).

The Mini isnt a works just has a aftermarket performance package that boosts it up to the same bhp as a works. Oh, and that 50bhp makes it feel like a different car :eek:

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Now keeping the Mini. Cant afford a Golf 1.9 GT TDi Anniversary as they are all about £12.5k at dealers and thats with 60k mileage (book price being £9.5k) and most of them will only give me £9k for my car when its book trade in price is £11k and even more to sell it private.

Ah well the mini is great fun and perfect for me (apart for the mpg).

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Too much effort lol so much easier to buy a car through a dealership and being sensible I should keep the MINI.

Golf is a future plan :)

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Yea been doing it since March its a good job.

If I meet any of you that are intrested in getting a MINI at the national meet (if it ever happens) I'll let you have a go in it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.