Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i may as well post "my" C up in here too! ;-)

Its a green 1.4 16v Elegance - X reg so first of the C's.

I bought it about 2.5 years ago for my girlfriend to learn in and since then its been hers therefore minimal servicing/washing and much wheel curbing! A few weeks ago we bought a new Astra sporthatch and since my work has a tiny car park i've given her the Astra and i've taken the Corsa back...

First thing i've done was ditch the 14 inch standard alloys so i bought some Astra Mk4 16s and stuck some new 195/45 rubber on them. Next i fitted some Apex -40mm springs to stop me falling out the window when cornering.

The car has never been to great on fuel (max 270ish miles to tank) so i wanted to improve that by ditching weight. Rememebering the Astra wheels were fooking heavy to pick up i've now got hold of some TD Pro Race 2's. These have saved 2.5kgs per corner and have made the car much sharper;

Last week i won a Corsa VXR Induction kit on ebay so i've fitted that to give it a bit of a growl;

On Saturday i changed the fuel filter and suspect i've found the cause of the poor mpg - the fuel filter has never been changed in the time i've had it despite the local garage charging me for it when its been in;

Sorting that has already made a massive difference - it'll sit at a ton well enough going into work so mpg should be improved a fair bit once i calm down.

Anyway thats it as it stands today having just clicked over onto 87k miles.

It probably looks a bit of shed compared to most on here but it does the job and give me something to tinker with while my bike is off the road.

Next up;

- new windscreen (old one cracked above the heater vent with the cold weather),
- decat exhaust manifold,
- aftermarket inlet manifold,
- new shocks all round
- cams
- sort the rust

Excuse the poor quality camera phone pics!

;-p

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks!

Looks better than it is though - when my girlfriend last washed it she used one of those kitchen sponges which has scored the paint to hell! :(

Good idea on the spraying - was also thinking about doing something with the bumpers...perhaps a chequered effect to mix the body colour into white to tie in with the white wheels?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which one?

The one that i replaced was a GM, the new one was from Halfrauds.

Vauxhall probably charge about a fiver more i'd expect for no reason.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update!

Ashley decat manifold and coilovers should be here this week so will be busy fitting them at the weekend. :)

Also been investigating an aftermarket inlet...

As most of you are aware the only direct fit ones available are dblias which at about £1k is way out of my price range. However, you used to be able to get something called a "powerbox" for the Corsa B 1.4 and 1.6 Sports. This was basically a replacement top part of the inlet which free'd up 10-15bhp on those engines but unlike the dblias ones go for only £190 on ebay.

My Corsa C is a Z14XE...basically a FBW version of the Corsa B X14XE/X16XE so i'm hoping it can be grafted on and this is what i've got so far;

Corsa B X14XE lower inlet powercoated red and X14XE fuel rail fitted with Z14XE injectors;

Ports line up with Z14XE gasket;

Powerbox fitted on top;

What still to be done before fitting is get the Z14XE throttle body to fit the powerbox. Unfortunately when i was mocking everything up at the weekend i found it's not a direct fit and even if it was the C throttle body must be much smaller than the B equaivalent so it will not cover the hole properly on the inlet! No bother though...i've order some polycarbonate sheeting to make up an adapter plate this week.

Also...when i held the assembled powerbox over my engine it appears it'll be a rather tight fit next to the bulkhead so i don't know 100% if it'll physically go in the engine bay. I'm hoping it does but worst case i can build another adapter out of the polycarbonate which will shift it forward...

More updates soon...

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Hmm intresting theory with the Corsa B powerbox,Ill be watching closely,Hope you can get it to work and everything is ok.

If it does i imagine you could earn yourself a few £££ by modifying some and selling them on Etc.

IMO i think you should Spray the wheels Black along with the Plastic's,But it's your car so it's upto you.

Good work,Keep it up:doublethumbs:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks mate! :thumbs:

Yes it'll be interesting to see if it works, especially given costs;

I reckon i've spent only 250 or so far on the inlet which is about a 750quid saving over the dblias gear...quite a large saving!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Not this Fridays one as i've got coilovers to fit but perhaps one after that once its all done :)

It'll need mapped for definate which will set me back into next month pay...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Coilovers are now fitted so tyres are now in the arch but not stupidly so.

Abandoning the powerbox idea as i've now got a dblias inlet wheich is going on tomorrow...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts