Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I saw these 4" flame burnt tip exhausts in a R-Tech advertisement and want one! I rang them up,wanting to purchase one but they said they do not fit them as they require pipe BENDING :lol: and welding in order to be fit!?!? :eek: :eek:

Does anyone have a universal fit backbox on their car and how/where did u go about fitting it? Any ideas how much will cost to fit?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
too much work required IMO, i bought a rage twin 3 inch backbox which was "universal" but bodyshop couldnt fit it as it didnt have the hangers, and i need all sorts like reducer pipes etc, so took it back and got an irmscher one which slid straight on :)

for what you pay, and the effort to fit it, just spend a few ££ extra and get a custom one made up

·
Registered
771 Posts
yeah, u have 2 have brackets welded on, :(

n they charge u alot of dosh :cry:

of u could do wat im doin knockin up oa steel trim on my lathe lwhich slides on 2 da 2 da orgional :D cheap but a good way 2 look gud till u can afford a decent system. :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exhaust trim! :lol: No thanks! I'd rather have the standard pea shooter hidden away under the bumper! :lol:

I probably get a peco backbox or sumthing cheap then. Basically,want a bit more grunt from me motor,not a **** off loud 'hear me comin from the next town' exhaust, just an exhaust tone that will give me an excuse to rev the engine (once in a while! :wink: ) but not deafen me on the motorways!

Any suggestions? :?

p.s. I have a 1.2 SXi

·
Registered
771 Posts
na this baybe will be brilliant, belive me, it wont look like a standard trim.

:D n itll be a friction fit, so no unsightly bolts, pure 3 inch

ull see wen its finished :D

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
johnny 5 said:
Exhaust trim! :lol: No thanks! I'd rather have the standard pea shooter hidden away under the bumper! :lol:

I probably get a peco backbox or sumthing cheap then. Basically,want a bit more grunt from me motor,not a f**k off loud 'hear me comin from the next town' exhaust, just an exhaust tone that will give me an excuse to rev the engine (once in a while! :wink: ) but not deafen me on the motorways!

Any suggestions? :?

p.s. I have a 1.2 SXi
u dont get any noise off a peco backbox on a corsa c.

·
Registered
362 Posts
i got a powerflow exhaust from my mate, from the car that some1 wrote off, obv it wasnt a universal exhaust so i grinded the backbox off the centre pipe, grinded the standard backbox from my corsa off and then a straight swap fitted perfectly the welded it on, i also cut the silencer out and replaced that with a 2" straight pipe and again welded that into place, i then grinded off the hangers and welded them on to the powerflow backbox, overal it took me bout 45 mins to do all that.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
ive got a backbox which sounds nice, not too loud and not too quiet, i want to get a differnt one though so looking to sell the one ive got, have a look at my progress thread below for piccys... PM me

·
Bowe Wiggidy, 2012 Q2 Feature Car
32,407 Posts
ive got a backbox which sounds nice, not too loud and not too quiet, i want to get a differnt one though so looking to sell the one ive got, have a look at my progress thread below for piccys... PM me
Need extra membership to sell. :slap:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have fitted one to my C i used the old back box cut the pipe off welded it to universal box. The i took the hooks off which hold it to the car and welded them on to the new back box.:)

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Lol Anything that says "Universal" is so much trouble! Says it's easy to apply/equip/whatever but really not haha!
Get an irmy exhaust!! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts