Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i'm currently at college and have found my car to be leeking petrol. I've managed to get under it and found that near the drivers side wheel theres a silver metal cylinder. Same size as a coke can. Soon as i turn the ignition on i get petrol pissing out of the cylinder through a hole the size of a pin head. But the pressure behind it is so much that i've lost half a tank of petrol since yesterday lunch. Now i want to get this patched up asap til i can get the part replaced. Any suggestions as to patching it? And can i remove the pipes leading into it to get the part off and fix it inside college. Suggestions would be really helpful right now. Thanks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You wont patch it up even as a temp fix, your fuel pressure will be about 30psi+ and through a hole the size of a pin head, that'll increase it further more!!

You NEED new a filter.

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
You wont patch it up even as a temp fix, your fuel pressure will be about 30psi+ and through a hole the size of a pin head, that'll increase it further more!!

You NEED new a filter.
+1

less than a 5er aswell

·
Premium Member
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers lads, spot on that. Going to get it sorted tomorow. Tried to temp patch it for the drive home with some blue tack but only worked for 30 seconds. Sorry about the 3 threads, phone got carried away when posting the topic haha. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts