Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rite av already made a thread so sorry...but....can the combat spoiler be bonded on itself ...and will this prove strong wenuff to hold itself on the boot?....i ask this because my normal sxi spoiler has been totally bonded down cos i had a heavy alloy spoiler on it....av taken it off but i cant get the plastic off , thererfore i cant screw the combat spoiler on......so any help or just yes or no answer will be helpful thnx......

·
Registered
771 Posts
hum, i wudnt bond it on, as there would be hardly any strengt.

u need really 2 find some hole 2 bolt it, u may have to do some drillin :eek:

·
Registered
93 Posts
first of all you need to get as much of the old spoiler off. you definately need a clean, smooth area for any bonding of materials.
secondly i would definately recommend you to get the spoiler fixed on with some bolts and bonding agent. they're not too hard to do but the strength would be so much better than just bonding. the weight of the spoiler i would imagine to be quiet heavy as it is quite a large spoiler, even if it is fibreglass, or not. the pressure and strain that would be put onto the spoiler when driving at high speeds might see to your spoiler flying off.

pin it down and bond it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts