Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right my dads garage has 8 vauxhalls all suffereing from ****ed O2 sensors due to supermarket fuel, i rang people i know at all my local vauxhall dealers and one has 15 and one has 11 cars all with the same problem.

They are 90% sure that its tescos fuel that has caused this problem, its only started over the last week or so

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
i put £20 of tesco fuel in last night, done 100 miles and im ok:)

that was super unleaded

·
Registered
659 Posts
i never use tesco petrol anyway dont get as many miles from it. its cheapo for a reason! good bit of info tho mate cheers! :salute:

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
i work at tesco so i have never filled up anywhere else. oh dear does that explain as to why my emmision lights come on today???

btw whats an 02 sensor do?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i work at tesco so i have never filled up anywhere else. oh dear does that explain as to why my emmision lights come on today???

not sure i will find out what the signs are, not sure what the O2 sensor actually does

·
Registered
659 Posts

oooo dear - coincidence?! :\

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i filled up on wednesday too. my cars been a bugger to start when warm see my thread in the mechanical section.
keep topping up with quarter of a tank of shell or something till you have used all the old fuel, they are having to drain the tanks and re fill the cars

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i never tend to use tescos, but cheers for letting us know Woo :thumbs:
I pulled into my dads place and they have all these cars in a row being looked at :lol: im a diesel so that ****er will burn anything

·
Registered
25,964 Posts
02/lambda sensor measures oxygen present in exhaust emissions and then fueling is adjusted based on this. Car will probably run rich/lean with a fooked one. The Engine emissions light should show if it's fadged.

As far as I thought, all regular fuels, be it Tesco, Shell etc come from the same place and are exactly the same........I'm sure Marc once said that anyway.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
it would explain it, it sound likes it coughing when it first starts up, where is this sensor?
first my car with a spanner light came on and stayed on then when i started it last time i hade the emisions light come on.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
02/lambda sensor measures oxygen present in exhaust emissions and then fueling is adjusted based on this. Car will probably run rich/lean with a fooked one. The Engine emissions light should show if it's fadged.

As far as I thought, all regular fuels, be it Tesco, Shell etc come from the same place and are exactly the same........I'm sure Marc once said that anyway.

na supermarket fuels have a lot lower lvl of something (cant remember the chemical!!) octane springs to mind :dontknow:

·
Registered
550 Posts
I read somthing about tescos fuel in fast car I think, this was about a year ago!
there "super" or "ultimate" fuel has somthinglike 95% octane in it!(somwhere along thoes lines) the normal has somthing like 90% or 85%, maybe these levels of Octane have somthing to do with it!?

·
Registered
5,884 Posts

that would explain my lights then

1 - 20 of 182 Posts