Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one no much about vans??
started as a apprentice late last year and just bin havin a browse at vans for the near future how things are goin.
so jw if any one noes much about vans..which would be best,cheap etc only needs to be something small to start off with.

cheers

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Astravan :love: always a win
lol had a look at a few earlier..good prices and milage on a few of em.its probly a front runner tbh, also looked at a few vw caddies found a 04 plate ex notts city council meals on wheels van...108,000 miles but would be well looked after etc etc

·
Registered
343 Posts
any one no much about vans??
started as a apprentice late last year and just bin havin a browse at vans for the near future how things are goin.
so jw if any one noes much about vans..which would be best,cheap etc only needs to be something small to start off with.

cheers
Me & my business partner own a couple of Vans, what do you want to know?

We've got a Corsa C van (which ive claimed as mine) a Transit Connect, VW T5 Transporter & 2 new shape transits.

TBH you cant go wrong with an Astra Mk5 van, there lovely to drive, altho ive heard the engines in them are like chocolate? Fiesta TDCI vans are a good buy & Connects are very cheap these days, £3k or less for a 54 reg one.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Corsa C van with a Super 1600 kit & wide track, thats what you want for work :)

Also a little project im in the middle of doing myself but meh...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
them transit connect thems little fords?? dont need anythin too big cause ill only be doin little jobs to start with.
so transit connect or astra van do you think??

cheers mate

·
Registered
343 Posts
them transit connect thems little fords?? dont need anythin too big cause ill only be doin little jobs to start with.
so transit connect or astra van do you think??

cheers mate
If your just starting out a Connect will be to big then IMO. Also an Astra van will. Be aware van insurance at a young age is costly, it goes as said a commercail vehicle means tools of some sort, so at your age you want a small engined TD or something.

Id be more inclined to look for "car derived vans" to start with. Eg, Fiesta, Corsa, Focus,206 vans etc

206 vans are very nice BTW, I almost had one myself but we got the Corsa van for very cheap (£250 on a 02 reg).

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If your just starting out a Connect will be to big then IMO. Also an Astra van will. Be aware van insurance at a young age is costly, it goes as said a commercail vehicle means tools of some sort, so at your age you want a small engined TD or something.

Id be more inclined to look for "car derived vans" to start with. Eg, Fiesta, Corsa, Focus,206 vans etc

206 vans are very nice BTW, I almost had one myself but we got the Corsa van for very cheap (£250 on a 02 reg).
spose,but no doubt ill be needing to get long length trunking and small car doubt it would fit tbh..but cheers for advice mate ill have a look round and see what i can find :yes:

·
Registered
343 Posts
spose,but no doubt ill be needing to get long length trunking and small car doubt it would fit tbh..but cheers for advice mate ill have a look round and see what i can find :yes:

You a sparky then?

Then sparky we got my van from managed to get lengths of trunking in lol but by the sounds of it your gonna want an Astra van then. If & when money permits & when insurance allows, get yourself a Sportive SE :yes: fcuking epic vans an can run upto 200bhp without mega mods ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
get a mercedes-benz sprinter or vito van, cracking vans, i work with them on a daily basis and aslong as there serviced at stated intervals or before they will last forever. you can pick them up quite cheap aswell we sold a 53 plate sprinter with 69,000 miles on the clock for about 3k. i know there big vans but like mentioned above ur gunna need a bigger van eventually so why not save yourself time and money and get a bigger van to start with.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sprinters are shiote on fuel but there a nice motor yeah. Vito's are lovely to drive, the handbrake pedal is erm different mind LOL but again, there prettty crap on fuel :( there also costly to repair & insure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
costly to repair i agree with, but if you look after them they wont be that expensive. with fuel it all depends on what model you get [engine] to what the economy will be like but if you take your time and dont thrash them there pretty good. the police by me use sprinters and they all say there pretty good, they also have a v6 petrol vito and havent complained about fuel economy and that one is used for motorway patrol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
so do transits etc all depends how well you look after them. a customer of ours has 27 sprinters 311cdi long wheelbase vans some are 2000 reg rest are about 53 plate and not one of them has a spot of rust and there all used to transport shopping trolleys and clean them. im not saying your wrong mike l, im just saying there good vans aslong as there kept tidy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts