Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OOOOOOMG! I took my car in last month to get the squeaky drivers seat fixed, they took it apart, lubed it & put it back together to try & shut me up but the minute I drove off from the dealership it started again (the morons clearly didn't test it!). I rang them again this week, they took it back KEPT IT ALL DAY and did nothing to it:|

I rang to ask how they were doing & to see if i could pick it up & they said they need to order a new seat base...then asked me what fooking side it was; they'd had it all day & didn't even know which seat they were meant to be fixing :\

So, they rang me today, my base is in but they can't fit it until Thursday and they need the car all day again, great, I'm back at work next week and need transport so I'll have to t!t around with buses (is it worth trying to wangle a free courtesy car out of them? Its a free repair under warranty).

I'm hoping this will be an end to it, it really is the most irritating problem I've ever had with a car! At least the big problems are easy to diagnose & fix but these constant little niggles are so annoying!

They're so tight, they should have just fixed it properly in the first place to save me a total of three days without my car! :slap:

·
Registered
16,429 Posts
You can always get a courtesy car from vx when your cars in, even if it's only in for a few hours. Will just depend on your insurance as to wheather you have to pay to be insured on it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm on the free insurance I got with the car, does that entitle me?

·
Registered
351 Posts
OOOOOOMG! I took my car in last month to get the squeaky drivers seat fixed, they took it apart, lubed it & put it back together to try & shut me up but the minute I drove off from the dealership it started again (the morons clearly didn't test it!). I rang them again this week, they took it back KEPT IT ALL DAY and did nothing to it:|

I rang to ask how they were doing & to see if i could pick it up & they said they need to order a new seat base...then asked me what fooking side it was; they'd had it all day & didn't even know which seat they were meant to be fixing :\

So, they rang me today, my base is in but they can't fit it until Thursday and they need the car all day again, great, I'm back at work next week and need transport so I'll have to t!t around with buses (is it worth trying to wangle a free courtesy car out of them? Its a free repair under warranty).

I'm hoping this will be an end to it, it really is the most irritating problem I've ever had with a car! At least the big problems are easy to diagnose & fix but these constant little niggles are so annoying!

They're so tight, they should have just fixed it properly in the first place to save me a total of three days without my car! :slap:
Vauxhall are terrible, I would rather try and fix my car myself.

I had a new clutch fitted, they removed my custom exhaust (1 week old from longlife) and re-fitted it, but didnt attach the rear rubber to hold it in place, so it was basically dragging on the floor.

They TEST DROVE it like this, the backbox was ****ed.

I made a complaint and they charged me £5 to fit the rubber and made me sign an agreement that I was aware my exhaust was close to the bumper......

VX are a huge reason I have moved away from Vaux now...

·
Registered
525 Posts
yes mine did, i got a astra 1.8 courtesy car. You pay like £5 for a extra £400 excess. Not bad as they only had my car for 1 week and i paid £5:yippe:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless its absolutely free I won't bother; its an 8 month old car & I've had it from new, I really shouldn't have these problems at all!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Free insurance with your car, theyre so generous those Vauxhall dealerships :)
...with a £400 excess, OUCH!!! I drive VERY carefully I do!:lol:

·
Registered
525 Posts
an extra £400 on top of like £250 which to be honest is this rubbish, it was a brand new astra and my car was only going in to have the steering rack looked at and they said the cars insurance only entitles you to £250 excess. So i said isnt there any way i can make excess go up, and they said only by paying a 5er, so i did. Astra was nice, but so sluggish. Oh believe me i drove it so carefully, as if it was my own.

·
Registered
16,429 Posts
I'm on the free insurance I got with the car, does that entitle me?
They'll check and let you know. I'm with Lloyds and get it free, but know someone who's with AA and told they'd have to pay £7.25.

·
Registered
525 Posts
They'll check and let you know. I'm with Lloyds and get it free, but know someone who's with AA and told they'd have to pay £7.25.
yeh mine was free, but the excess is stupidly low, so most insurance companies take an extra fee like ur mates £7.25 just to help boost up the excess

1 - 11 of 11 Posts