Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find a vauxhall corsa b 1993-2000 front lower grille for my partners car and was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere to get one or has one for sale
Many thanks

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Your best bet is probably to get the whole bumper, and ebay is most likely the place to look

If Pontefract is not a short run for you (not too far for me) then consider sending the seller a message, asking if you could bid on the basis that they just take the grille out and post it to you. This is slightly further south (and also not too far from me) but ridiculously priced

There's a grille in Belfast which hasn't sold in nearly 3 months so you could negotiate a a good posted price:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I've suggested a full bumper but she's a bit hesitant due to colour etc as she has a silver car and respray can be pricey, any suggestions?

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Yes, take the lower grille out of the unwanted bumper and put it in hers. I suggested looking for a whole bumper because they would be more numerous and no more expensive than the grille on its own. If the B is anything like the C, the lower grille just comes out by working loose a series of grippy clips, and it snaps back in the same way.

It leaves you with a load of plastic, but you could relist that. The best way to get interest is to find the paint code and/or official name of the colour and put it in the title. Someone may well be searching for that and take it if only as a hedge against a future scrape or prang. Is that Pontefract one near enough to you? I have a sad search addiction for all Corsa (not just C) items so, if you give me a rough location, I'll flag up anything more local.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, take the lower grille out of the unwanted bumper and put it in hers. I suggested looking for a whole bumper because they would be more numerous and no more expensive than the grille on its own. If the B is anything like the C, the lower grille just comes out by working loose a series of grippy clips, and it snaps back in the same way.

It leaves you with a load of plastic, but you could relist that. The best way to get interest is to find the paint code and/or official name of the colour and put it in the title. Someone may well be searching for that and take it if only as a hedge against a future scrape or prang. Is that Pontefract one near enough to you? I have a sad search addiction for all Corsa (not just C) items so, if you give me a rough location, I'll flag up anything more local.
The vauxhall b corsa's most seem to have a lower grille as part of the bumper and cant be seperated from what I could gather.. Which is frustrating
But a rough search location is Suffolk, thank you

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
This one (again, not far from me) shows all the views.

It looks like the lower grille has many tabs going into slots on the bumper itself. PITA, I've experienced this with the C's upper grille (I bought a used Vx one and changed it for my Opel grille) and the door cards of a Renault Modus. It seems like the tabs are fixed in place often by heatgun or something that causes the plastic to melt and stick in place. I had to use a sharp tool and even a claw hammer to pull the thing out (losing some tabs in the process) then gluing it into place in its intended bumper. Annoying, but it can be done, and less expense than a respray of a replacement bumper.

There are aftermarket bumpers (primed) that aren't too badly priced considering shipping is included

or cheaper if you don't need body colour

This is in Ely, but only really worth it if the colour matches

1 - 6 of 6 Posts