Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find a vauxhall corsa b 1993-2000 front lower grille for my partners car and was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere to get one or has one for sale
Many thanks

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Your best bet is probably to get the whole bumper, and ebay is most likely the place to look

If Pontefract is not a short run for you (not too far for me) then consider sending the seller a message, asking if you could bid on the basis that they just take the grille out and post it to you. This is slightly further south (and also not too far from me) but ridiculously priced

There's a grille in Belfast which hasn't sold in nearly 3 months so you could negotiate a a good posted price:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I've suggested a full bumper but she's a bit hesitant due to colour etc as she has a silver car and respray can be pricey, any suggestions?

Thanks again

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Yes, take the lower grille out of the unwanted bumper and put it in hers. I suggested looking for a whole bumper because they would be more numerous and no more expensive than the grille on its own. If the B is anything like the C, the lower grille just comes out by working loose a series of grippy clips, and it snaps back in the same way.

It leaves you with a load of plastic, but you could relist that. The best way to get interest is to find the paint code and/or official name of the colour and put it in the title. Someone may well be searching for that and take it if only as a hedge against a future scrape or prang. Is that Pontefract one near enough to you? I have a sad search addiction for all Corsa (not just C) items so, if you give me a rough location, I'll flag up anything more local.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, take the lower grille out of the unwanted bumper and put it in hers. I suggested looking for a whole bumper because they would be more numerous and no more expensive than the grille on its own. If the B is anything like the C, the lower grille just comes out by working loose a series of grippy clips, and it snaps back in the same way.

It leaves you with a load of plastic, but you could relist that. The best way to get interest is to find the paint code and/or official name of the colour and put it in the title. Someone may well be searching for that and take it if only as a hedge against a future scrape or prang. Is that Pontefract one near enough to you? I have a sad search addiction for all Corsa (not just C) items so, if you give me a rough location, I'll flag up anything more local.
The vauxhall b corsa's most seem to have a lower grille as part of the bumper and cant be seperated from what I could gather.. Which is frustrating
But a rough search location is Suffolk, thank you

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
This one (again, not far from me) shows all the views.

It looks like the lower grille has many tabs going into slots on the bumper itself. PITA, I've experienced this with the C's upper grille (I bought a used Vx one and changed it for my Opel grille) and the door cards of a Renault Modus. It seems like the tabs are fixed in place often by heatgun or something that causes the plastic to melt and stick in place. I had to use a sharp tool and even a claw hammer to pull the thing out (losing some tabs in the process) then gluing it into place in its intended bumper. Annoying, but it can be done, and less expense than a respray of a replacement bumper.

There are aftermarket bumpers (primed) that aren't too badly priced considering shipping is included

or cheaper if you don't need body colour

This is in Ely, but only really worth it if the colour matches

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
OK, I know it's nowhere near Suffolk, OuterReality, but it is silver and - if your partner likes the B and it's a keeper - this would make it look really trick

It might get some bidding, because people do (for some reason) still like to steroid their Bs and drive them like loons so GSi bumper and that spoiler might appeal but keep an eye on the listing and contact the seller to see if they'd work with a courier to have it shipped to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excellent, thanks for all your advice, sorry I hadn't replied sooner I have been extremely busy, still trying to sort out a grille aha 😅

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
That fancy GSi one went for a lot (still a few souped-B owners out there) but the first, burgundy one in Pontefract is still doing the ebay rounds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That fancy GSi one went for a lot (still a few souped-B owners out there) but the first, burgundy one in Pontefract is still doing the ebay rounds.
I checked yesterday to see if i could find more but to no prevail, hopefully something will show up

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I still search "Corsa" every day which gets B, C and D stuff coming up ("Corsa C" misses too many items) so I'll flag anything landing in my net.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A problem has occurred with my partners cars the engine light has come on and anything over 1,500 revs and the rev counter goes crazy and it goes into limp mode, any ideas?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Which engine do you have? Is it diesel or petrol? It might be worth a separate thread to get more looking in, but for now I could do with knowing the engine details

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Right, that'll be the x12xe I think. Slightly different to the z12xe and z12xep in the Corsa C so I'll just have a little look to see what the differences are. I don't want to suggest checking something if it isn't there; I tend to almost always guess wrong as it is.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I don't know for sure if the B does the 'pedal test' to give you fault codes like the C does, but it won't take long to find out; just follow these steps

STEP 1:

Get inside your vehicle a firmly place yourself in your seat. Once in, press both the accelerate and brake pedal together

STEP 2:

With both pedals pressed, put your key in the ignition and turn it to position 2, which is the position that switches all auxilary heating on but not the engine

STEP 3:

Once done, the spanner light will start flashing

if it flashes 10 times it means the number is '0' and any other flashes corresponds to a number with a pause between each number

for example code P0110
the light will flash ten times then pause (2sec Or 1 not sure) flash once, (2sec pause) flash once, (2 sec pause) then flash ten times

if you have more than one code it will stop for a break between each code

however if you don’t have any code stored it will start Flashing and keeps on flashing until you release the pedals

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
What I did find out is that the B will go into limp mode if something is wrong. This could well be a sensor playing up, which would be enough to worry the ecu into limping. Removing the MAF and spraying the sensor (the bit poking down inside the tube) with electrical contact cleaner (definitely not WD40 and similar) might right things and is almost free and not particularly requiring huge skill. It's important to put it back in the right direction - an arrow points in the direction of airflow.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If the MAF clean hasn't worked out, and you have retrieved fault codes, it may be worth posting up a thread to see what others think (I suspect it will be a sensor; if not the MAF, perhaps O2/lambda sensor).

Meantime, here's another front bumper but it's the posh GSi one and priced high. However, I've noticed "collection in person" ads are non-sellers at the moment, particularly in areas like Blackburn. If it drops considerably and appeals to you, it's a short drive for me and I have my hazmat suit, so I can help get it to you.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
A silver front bumper with a slight scrape+flake that's not difficult to feather in.
They also have a rear bumper in silver
and OSF wing and both wing mirrors. I don't know if Z157 is your shade of silver - check your VIN plate. Their other Corsa B parts are also from a 1.2.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts