Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or are vauxhall really reluctant to bring out a real killer corsa? i had a 24hr test drive of the new VXR and it really is a good car but nothing special, especially the exterior. I was so dissapointed in the turbo.. With the range of serious engines ( no offence 1.8 drivers), vectra brakes, corsa c styling etc.... is it not possible for them to produce a real market destroyer. Its like the Bill gates thing with microsoft you have to buy so many extras and piece parts of different cars together to get your ideal car. Look at the crappy engines they have stuck in the new Corsa D's. Apart from the VXR and 1.7cdti which are bloody expensive compared their peers,its a poor show!

Would like to hear other people's opinion on this and find out what parts of other vauxhalls you have used to modify your C

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly! they are the same engines in heavier cars, why did they not produce a 2 litre corsa SRI? Turboing the F*** out of a 1.6 seems a bit backward, there is a huge market out there for fast corsas. this site alone proves that!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Saxo VTS,, even the VTR's were way ahead of standard C's. VXR is a slick Corsa D. I dont think you can call the SRI a Slick corsa C, the power it generates from a 1.8 aint exactly terrifying. Im not slagging it off, im just saying it should be better when you look at the modifications available and the engine range vauxhall have produced over the years

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
If they put a more powerful engine in the Corsa VXR it would be deadly, its a front wheel drive hatchback after all...

·
Premium Member
28,336 Posts
Saxo VTS,, even the VTR's were way ahead of standard C's. VXR is a slick Corsa D. I dont think you can call the SRI a Slick corsa C, the power it generates from a 1.8 aint exactly terrifying. Im not slagging it off, im just saying it should be better when you look at the modifications available and the engine range vauxhall have produced over the years
ye but then name an affordable car to insure at 18 or 19 with 1ncb like the 1.8SRI that is as quick..?!

it would be easier to make the D faster then the VXR just by sticking the same engine in it.. but they went the 1.6 turbochraged route because its a smaller/lighter engine and although it has 190bhp its an engine thats easily tunable if so wished!

And no need to be hard because this is the first hard core "hot hatch" vx have made in recent years.. isnt going to be upto the clio's standard at their 1st attempt is it?! :?

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
They have to try and find compromise between speed, economy, and practability.

Who wants to own a VXR corsa.?

Youngish people.

People who can't quite afford the VXR astra....so clearly funding is an issue.....so they make it cheaper than the astra, they lower power to make it insurable for the target audience

·
Registered
19,365 Posts

dropped your foot straight in it now mate:)
i only know of one VTR around here that can beat my 1.4 C

the 1.8SRi will do the same quater mile time standard as a standard VTS

as i discovered at pod

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
They have to try and find compromise between speed, economy, and practability.

Who wants to own a VXR corsa.?

Youngish people.

People who can't quite afford the VXR astra....so clearly funding is an issue.....so they make it cheaper than the astra, they lower power to make it insurable for the target audience

that my friend is spot on!

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
as far as im aware there is no other car that has better looks, speed, economy and insurance grouping than a second hand 1.8sri if ur a young driver

·
Registered
23,047 Posts
I think the C's and D's have been prefectly priced and engine sized due to the financial situation of their intended audience.

·
Premium Member
34,459 Posts
I think the C's and D's have been prefectly priced and engine sized due to the financial situation of their intended audience.
Spot on. They have hit thier target audience as intended. Look how many Corsa's are on the roads and you'll see that Vauxhall are probably quite content with themselves and the Corsa as it is.

·
Grumpy Old Git
34,689 Posts
also mate they dont want it to be an animal otherwise pl wouldnt buy the astra vxr or the vectra vxr its about winning in each class not just trying to beat everything on the road
example,

1 - 20 of 31 Posts