Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend somewhere to buy a new copy of Vauxhall TIS, mainly to cover cars up to 2010 and mostly the wiring schematics.
Needs to be able to run on Windows 10.
My old laptop is almost dead and the copy of TIS I was given by a member on here many years ago is not compatible with W10 now.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ebay.
Or install your current one using a virtual machine.
Where on Ebay? Looking for a recommended seller and not some china blank disc.

My current one is a copy that's been embedded into a virtual machine that's not compatible with W10 anymore.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
tis2000 is 16 bit application and won't run on 64 bit machines and on 32bit win 10 if I remember, it won't install.
globaltis wants old versions of java which are long obsolete for win10. Win 7 32bit is your best bet.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tis2000 is 16 bit application and won't run on 64 bit machines and on 32bit win 10 if I remember, it won't install.
globaltis wants old versions of java which are long obsolete for win10. Win 7 32bit is your best bet.
Win 7 is no longer available in the UK now. There is no support for it either if you have old machines with it still on.
I have now got a copy and will try to run it in compatibility mode on win 10.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Is it worth considering getting some ex-corp Lenovo or the like for about £40 and running Win7 purely for diagnostics (no support is no issue offline)? I got a 1Gb Vaio with XP for diagnostics and it's a slow, horrible dog (and I've mostly forgotten XP quirks) but I've bought several Lenovo X201 or X220 sub-notebooks for peanuts off ebay and I still use them for most of my internetting. If the battery's good (or a no-name replacement) they're good for hours in the car and tough little burgers.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use it a lot for sharing info on line to help others.
It's only used for wiring diagrams and tech spec's for repairs.
You have a lot more luck than me buying off fleebay :LOL: Most of what I have got second hand has been bin fodder.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Sometimes older software must stay with older machines. Even offline if it has to. Virtual machine will work if you follow microsoft instructions, saw it somewhere with the recent updates.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
You have a lot more luck than me buying off fleebay :LOL: Most of what I have got second hand has been bin fodder.
With car parts, mixed results. I seem to have a knack for ordering the Feb 2005 part when my car is a Dec 2005 and it doesn't fit because they changed the design.

On Lenovos, I have a much better success rate. I've bought two for other people and four for myself with, ironically, only the later X230 punking out. Replacing the CPU cooler would have been costlier than just buying another ex-corporate Lenovo and I just shifted the HD over. There are one or two sellers who auction off ex-corp that I stick to and the descns are accurate. As always, I'm happy to hunt down a good buy if virtual doesn't work out.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you.
Once i get a spare hour or 2 I will have a go at loading the new program now it's here. As it is a full copy of TIS200 it should be better than a copy of a copy of a part program. Well I hope it is!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts