Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its peein it down outside and I don't want to go out and get wet.

I have a Corsa C 1.2 16v Design (04). Does it have vented or solid disks? Got to get them done at some point this week.

I'm assuming they are vented because it has ABS? Just wanted to make sure. Also, if I'm looking at going a little bit better than standard vaux or unipart disks, what would people recommend?

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
if it has abs they are vented. just stick with standard discs but use uprated pads. best option.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if it has abs they are vented. just stick with standard discs but use uprated pads. best option.
Thanks for the quick reply Craig.

I was thinking along those lines. MK is full of roundabouts and I'm going through the pads like butter. Have been getting a little noise when breaking from speed and believe that is due to warped disks. I might just try changing the pads one night this week and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
if the discs are warped then you will get a vibration. when you say speed do you mean excessive? how many miles has the car done.

·
Registered
26,907 Posts
plus with mk every road looks like every other

im having to get new brakes tomorrow, loads left on them but fade under braking:D

i know mine are solid, a 1.2 02 non abs, think abs ones that have abs but dont hold me to that

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a vibration and a rather loud noise to go with it.

If I'm breaking from 70-80mph and being heavy on the brakes, thats when I get the noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts