Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rightt wanted to do one of these for a bit :)

Intro

I bought this car in July 2009, it was my birthday 21st July and i went straight out in it with L Plates on :)

Passed 11th August and then the problems become clear..

The car had been previously banged up, and was repaired VERY poorly. This meant i had several problems.

• Sump was cracked
  • Bumper, wing and bonnet all had a terrible respray, none of the colours match
  • The car come with a full years MOT, HOWEVER there were no left indicator bulbs, i was missing a fog light and the speedo needle was -20mph lower than 0mph
  • Steering wheel wasn't on straight
  • Horn doesnt work
So far i got solly to fix my sump, and fixed everything in the 3rd bullet point plus a few other things ive forgot. Now i just need to sort out the dodgy bodywork!

First of all special thanks to the following users:
  • Ben-B
  • scott_gibson
  • Solly
  • richardbentley88
  • Adam.G
  • davidmarsden
  • duffy111
  • SRi Luke
  • sam_sri_gud
  • jambler
sorry if i forgot anyone

Onto the progress!
July 2009
This was the day i got it:

Day i passed at old postie:

My first mod was debadge!

August 2009
Then i got my first backbox, at the time what i didn't know was that it was a 1.0 backbox!

On the car:

September 2009
Then came the dreaded de rubstrip, went flawlessly tho!
I also took the SXI badges off

Cool sticker:

My next mod was an Alpine 9880r and a Fusion 12" Subwoofer.

No pics of the sub tho :(
October 2009
Team Solly fixed my Sump problem! And Ben-B and adam dewipered my car using scotts grommit :D

Irmy Double D, 17" Rims and a pipercross induction kit! Also my V_Grille went black and a laguna splitter went on!

dirty!

October 2009

I then swapped my double D for richardbently's twin oval which i much preffered :)

Vid courtesy of duffy111
November 2009
Unfortunatly the 17's were the wrong offset for my car, so they had to go.
My next wheel choice was very controversial, after i got some use from some SXi's, i went and bought myself my Rover BRM's.

I've always loved the car they were off, and after i attacked the center bore with a drill they fitted on the C!

As you can tell i had the cobra back on in the above pic, being unemployed hurt so i sold the Irmy.

·
Registered
19,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
December 2009
I got bored of the rovers and the cobra exhaust that kept coming loose, so i sold the exhaust and bought a straight through and sebring backbox :), and bought some black proton wheels that i think look the sex! The griffin badges also went a bit crazy :)

Also started wearing my bra!

Got my car lowered too, not sure how much by but its all good :)

To:

January 2010

We had a bit of snow, so heres some pics:

Then i had some problems with my protons, when i went to fit my mudflaps i noticed the hubs were chipped away, this was because i didnt have any spigot rings :( So untill i got some rings, i was driving with these steelies donated by a good friend duffy111 !

But just in time for magna my spigot rings came, also i repaired the arch AGAIN and ditched the bra for a bit. Also sorted some centre caps out!

Mods to date (incase i missed some in the progress thread)

Exterior:
  • Laguna Splitter
  • Custom Griffin Badges
  • Stubby Aerial
  • Tinted headlight covers
  • Bonnet Bra
  • Proton Satria Alloys with Vauxhall centre caps
  • De Badged and Rubstripped'
Mechanical:
  • Vectra Intake
  • Sebring Backbox
  • Removed middle silencer
  • Lowered 60mm

Plans:

• Facelift front bumper
  • Colour coded rear
  • Bonnet respray, fix horn, sort all the bodywork out!
Thanks for viewing! Any tips and feedback would be nice :)

·
Registered
23,420 Posts
love it mate, get it colour coded, will look the tits :thumbs:

whats wrong with your bonnet?

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
i reckon when theyve repaired it vesta theyve used one of them cheaper pattern part bonnets not a genuine GM one - ive heard they dont fit right.... maybe wrong tho

·
Registered
19,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i reckon when theyve repaired it vesta theyve used one of them cheaper pattern part bonnets not a genuine GM one - ive heard they dont fit right.... maybe wrong tho
if you look closely mate at next meet or w/e under bonnet you can see where they've bent bonnet with mole grips :lol:

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
will have a shufty next meet mate - bit odd, reckon its the original bonnet repaired then or a new one that doesnt fit right so they tried to bend it?

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
no ben you broke off the whole wiper arm and i came to the rescue with the vice grips to get the rest of it off! And helped solly put that aux belt back on that 1.8 well you stood there being light boy! lolz!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts