Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Nissan twin charged a 1L (supercharger and turbocharger) in the nissan march. Made 81kw at the fly and had a 7.7sec 0-100km sprint which are real performance numbers. Wouldnt say boosting a 1.2L is completly useless ;)

Your right though it would be money.

@gaf3r if you are serious about supercharging your car it might be worth looking into the AMR500 which is the same charger that they used on the nissan march. On your 1.2l displacement it would make roughly 5-6psi which is enough for a mild setup without opening the engine up to lower compression etc.
Are you for real? You're trying to compare two completely different engines. The Nissan 1.0 was specifically designed to run with twin charging and direct injection.

The GM 1.2 on the other hand is a simple 16 valve engine with multi point injection and has high compression due to the fact it's naturally aspirated.

Sent via VAG fan club.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Are you for real?
yes I am actually.

While he wouldnt see anywhere near the same performance numbers, he would still have a supercharged car. because the AMR500 is small and would only produce 5-6psi of boost on a 1.2L it would be safe to run with the factory compression ratio. (obviously you would still have to change fueling, spark, ecu tune etc etc) He wouldnt be able to push it any further though and he would completly ruin the value of the car, but if its what he wants to do the let him.

Also the MA09ERT was designed with sequential fuel injection, not direct injection. just fyi.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi all, first post here, but have to say its been a great site for getting information from and has really helped with induction kit install and other bits and bobs i'm going to be working on (lowering, cosmetic, camber etc)

Anyways, i installed a Induction kit, and it has made a difference to the performance of the car. As with everything in life, you always want more, so my mate told me about "superchargers", now I'm not completely dumb to what its meant to do (compress air and push it through to give boost) I've looked on Google and eBay, and theirs kits from £7 to £200, and as with everything i buy, i check for reviews, and everything has said they don't work or they are gash.

Example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TURBO-500...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4abbd2fea7

Now i'm not going to waste £100 on a fan that basically blows air and doesn't compress as there would be no boost. So i looked at centrifugal supercharger as this would indeed compress the air that's needed, but the cost is too high (especially for a 1.2 sri)

But i came across this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/1112...&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95

It looks different from the "gash ones" and looks more towards lthe high end ones that are too expensive (see below)...

My question is, are all the "super charger kits" the exact same, or is there a chance that the vortex one might actually do what it says on the tin?
What this video mate everything you need to know about how awful they are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbGWgvJN1_8

·
Premium Member
46,991 Posts
A point to remember is electric fans which is all they are need to be powered, this power comes from the engine power driving the alternator, you cannot physically
get more out than you put in, never seen over efeciency yet it's the holy grail energy wise.
Try some ngk iridium plugs, made a BIG difference on mondeo, frontera, astra, corsa and cossie, can't "see" anything on rolling road print outs but feel it on every car
msp
:lol:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
z22se into a Corsa C??? does that even work?? or is it even worth it? :p
it fits a treat, more tuning options and power than any other gm engine, lighter than any of similar cc 2.0L and above. very worth it I would say.
could this be the future?? :shock:
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I think so, and with astra G's or vectra B's with this engine being so cheep now its easy to get 145bhp 150lbft torque in a corsa C. then for another £1500 a stage 2 supercharger kit fitted and running around 240-250 bhp.

·
Registered
109 Posts
aparrently even including the M23 gearbox the whole package is lighter than a 1.8 donk with the f17cr.

I suppose with the extra capacity theres lots more room to tune it up.

Unfortunately here in Aus, the z22se is nearly 2.5k for the engine alone, same as the z20let, although much easier to get your hands on the 2.2

Anyone export engines in the uk?? pretty sure even with the conversion rate it would be cheaper importing one from the UK than buying it locally :)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
have you looked at getting an engine from the states? that's where I got the supercharger kit from. don't have a link but theres a guy on ebay who breaks gm cars.
an engine from the cobalt Saturn ss would be the same (LSJ) or a saab B207R or a Vauxhall z20net if you have them?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.