Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a vxr steering wheel and need help with wiring up so the horn and airbag works not bothered about the other buttons just need horn and airbag to work as not good with electrics thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Air bag plugs straight in Corsa C to Corsa D VXR wheel.
Horn, you need to cut the horn plug of the VXR steering wheel and joint it to the horn wires from the steering column on the Corsa C.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
For the horn it doesn't matter which way round the 2 wires are connected, I think 1 colour matches on both Corsa's though and that was how I wired it.
The air bag although the Corsa D airbag has 2 plugs the Corsa C plug will only fit in 1 of the sockets on the Corsa D airbag and it will work just fine.
(I haven't tried to set it off to confirm this though 😂 ) No fault codes come up and it all behaves as it should on diagnostics though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So basically wiring the same colour wires together
For the horn it doesn't matter which way round the 2 wires are connected, I think 1 colour matches on both Corsa's though and that was how I wired it.
The air bag although the Corsa D airbag has 2 plugs the Corsa C plug will only fit in 1 of the sockets on the Corsa D airbag and it will work just fine.
(I haven't tried to set it off to confirm this though 😂 ) No fault codes come up and it all behaves as it should on diagnostics though.
Ok nice one mate cheers

·
Registered
209 Posts
NO, I repeat, DO NOT measure the airbag with a multimeter, since the airbag jumps with a minimum tension and leaves at 300km / h, in 2 or 3 seconds it has to explode, swell and deflate, it destroys your face if it catches you close , when going to change the airbag, remove the negative battery pole, turn on the position lights, and wait 10 minutes, after changing the steering wheel without any problem, put the battery negative and turn off the lights , and in theory it is ready

1 - 8 of 8 Posts