Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say you lot... we all have really nice motors and although a lot of you only have 1.2's I bet you still whizz around in them... unless your all to sensible to do things like that? :wink: Has anyone actually been caught for speeding yet or even stopped by the cops just for having a good looking motor?

Of all the mods listed on here I've not actually heared of anyone who's fitted a radar detector... has anyone got one?

You know if a cop sees you pass him he will follow you just because you got big rims or because your car shines... wouldn't you want to be told that he's coming up behind you before he actually gets there or told that he's waiting for you on the next bend? Well thats what these things will do giving you plenty of time to turn off or drive like a normal motorist! :wink:

How about when your taking a roundabout at speed and you get an arshole on the outside trying to exit in front of you... when you get that boyracer agression of "he aint gonna do that to me"! :evil: When you floor it and take the exit like a loony and the back end starts to swirve out, you rev its boll*cks off in 3rd to catch him... and then what do you know in all the excitment you see the nice white van man on the grass verge to the left taking a nice picture of you! Wouldn't you like to be told that he's there waiting for you... and be able to race this arshole so far and then let him go and get his picture took instead? Or take it steady up to the cop van and then take the arshole further up the road?

Well you can break all the road laws with these radar detectors... I know you might think that its not really a good mod to have and that its a bit old farty, but they do save you a lot of money and points if you get caught!

I can get hold of these radar detectors for you if you want, the one I can get is the Cobra 9210 10 band with voice alert and its silver in colour. I will sell you these for only £65 including postage... a right bargain when you think that the snooper basic S1 is £90 in halfords and thats really old now!

If you want one of these so that you can safely be a proper boy racer then PM me and I'll sort you out.

Simply fix to screen or dash with a cig adapter for power.. as easy as that! I'll send you a pic and model spec if you want. :wink:

£65 for an insight to where all the cop vans, cop cars and emergency services are hiding!

S

·
0 Posts
Actually just had a google on that radar detecter and I could get one for £50 on eBay So dont matter mate.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, don't know how to post pics, Si if you give me an e-mail address to send the info to that will be better. Same goes to anyone else who's interested just PM me your e-mail address.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well £65 is the best deal I can do on them Si, why whats wrong with the one on ebay? Where is it from?

S

·
0 Posts
Fair enough thought u might have been able to match or better it. Nowt wrong with one on eBay - was thinking of getting a radar detecter oneday soon, but just got a few more things I want for the corsa first.

My mate just got a mint Snooper one cost a small fortune but does everything. Has a nice little LCD screen on the front to tell you stuff.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've always thought about getting one of these too. can you send me the spec and pics?

do you have one fitted Silver? if so how easy to use and how reliable is it?

the prob with the cheap ones is they dont detect everything and also give alot of false alarms. will it detect Gatsos, Truvelo, Specs and Lasers?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Follow Si's link to ebay it tells you all the info on there :wink: and yes I will be fitting a silver one shortly, when I can get out to do it... the bloody wind round here not to mention its god dam cold 8)

·
Registered
71 Posts
why dont you just drive sensibly instead of driving like a wanker
some of us have got children and dickheads on the road ****ing piss me off,
lets see how you feel when someone close to you gets knocked down or maybe killed by a ****ing **** in a souped up piece of **** with radar fitted,or even in a new car and he thinks hes in a ****ing ferrari

GROW UP

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
forget detectors...

the future is Jammers /blockers!

No point in having sumat beep when the cops cum near u etc...

·
Registered
71 Posts
i hope any ***** who drives like an ******** gets ****ing banned
its people like that that give serious modifiers a bad name
and it makes insurance for everyone go up every year
i bet a few of you lot are young lads,,and i bet you would rather spend less on your insurance and have a smaller excess,
then you cud spend it on summat better like your corsa
i wish people wud grow up ,maybe its right the govenment comes down hard on motorist,,theyve got good reason when they seems to be so many irresponsible people driving on the road,,
its pathetic

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah jammers are good but they are illegal mate! :roll: you don't wanna get caught with one of them in your car! At least with the radar detector you can drive how you want and be told when there's a camera around, they still aren't 100% efficient so you have to drive within reason anyway. I only drive to the cars limit, and its only a 1.4 so that ain't to dangerous! :D Its when I get into my dads 3.0 BMW coupe that you can see how dangerous us young lads could be behind the wheel of a monster! 8) I do agree with the power law that you have to be 25 before you can afford or even get insured on anything FAST! as I would kill myself for sure! :lol:

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
but radars dont detect ******** cozzers! i got pulled taking 2 m8s home last night at about 12 , 2 cozzers waiting to pull out of a turning, i went past, maybe 5, 7 miles over 30, the cozzers had nuthing beta to do, apart from give me a lecture, not even bother taking my details and asking me about 15 times if my scorpion exhaust was legal and basically wasting my time, ARSEHOLES, 30 minutes i was by the road i mean cmon! :?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts